THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    GUNSTIX Featured in latest Sports Afield Magazine

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GUNSTIX Featured in latest Sports Afield Magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
And here is what they had to say!

For more information visit www.gunstix.com

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

SCI Booth 1751 (Las Vegas 19th to 22nd January, 2022)
Western Hunting and Conservation Expo Booth 444 (Utah 10th to 13th February)

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Great to see you at the SCI Convention. I tried to sell a couple of sets to the customers at your booth that were there at the same time, with my personal recommendation for the same! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Arjun,
I received the sticks I ordered from you at SCI. Looking forward to some warmer weather to give them a good workout.

Posts: 791 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw similar sticks made in France at the recent SHOT Show. They were called 4 Stable Sticks.

How do your sticks differ from those? One thing I do see is a difference in how they adjust for height.

Thanks

John Richardson
No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
Http://onlygunsandmoney.com

Posts: 79 | Location: Asheville, NC  | Registered: 21 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe they might be similar in terms of design but are quite a bit more expensive. Not sure how they fold.
quote:
Originally posted by John Richardson:
I saw similar sticks made in France at the recent SHOT Show. They were called 4 Stable Sticks.

How do your sticks differ from those? One thing I do see is a difference in how they adjust for height.

Thanks

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see you Sir, thanks for recommending them Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Great to see you at the SCI Convention. I tried to sell a couple of sets to the customers at your booth that were there at the same time, with my personal recommendation for the same! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Look forward to your feedback.
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
Arjun,
I received the sticks I ordered from you at SCI. Looking forward to some warmer weather to give them a good workout.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Richardson:

Thanks

There are about 20 European companies making something similar. Different ways of opening, different tops.

Blaser has one.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Look too compicated for quick use.

I think I will stick to a 3 legged, home made, African sticks!

Been using them for donkey’s years!

Work like a charm too

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68644 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Look too compicated for quick use.

I think I will stick to a 3 legged, home made, African sticks!

Been using them for donkey’s years!

Work like a charm too

We make our own up and they are more steady and good for long-range shooting but can be tricky to set up. But mostly use the three-legged version.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just back from a hunt in Uganda, I used my gunstix the entire time. They are outstanding, fast to set up and very steady. My PH was impressed as well, he was very happy when I gave them to him as a gift.

I ordered more!

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Arjun, how are they when you have to adjust quickly to the left or right? I’m thinking about situations where you’re on the sticks and have to follow an animal that is walking left to right or right to left.

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DLS so GUNSTIX has two rests the front and the rear. The front rest is a wide rest, the rear is a narrow V. It can be used the other way around also but that's not hows its intended. The forend of the rifle rests on the wider front rest allowing a range of motion to quickly adjust left or right. For a bigger range of adjustment simply lift up one side and swivel the sticks as much as you need to its very quick.

I used them personally last year and shot over 30 animals off them with different PHs in different countries with scoped and a double rifle. All I can say is that NO animal ran away or was an opportunity lost because they were too slow to set up or get into position! Some of the PHs initially came up with all sorts of reasons why they would not be good, by the time I left they wanted my sticks! A client of mine shot some animals in Masailand over 300 yards, which is a pretty long shot off sticks, so they do work. I would not want to shoot off them if a buffalo was charging me but if you use them for the first shot most likely the buff wont be charging youWink.

Glad to hear that you liked them Colorado Hunter. Your new sticks are on their way. Thanks.

As always try them out if you dont like them send them back for a full refund no Qs asked.

Thanks,
Arjun

quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Arjun, how are they when you have to adjust quickly to the left or right? I’m thinking about situations where you’re on the sticks and have to follow an animal that is walking left to right or right to left.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We used to argue about how quick one can setup a three legged stick compared to a two legged stick.

It IS quicker, but of course not as stable.

A four legged sticks will definitely be more stable, but I suspect it is going to be very awkward in certain situations.

We have had similar situations last year, hunting thick bush.

Where one had to move the sticks quite often as the animal moves along to be able to get a clear shot at him.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68644 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I used these style sticks recently on Mauritius. They do have 4 legs but only 2 contact points with the ground. Having used bi-pods and tripods African made and factory manufactured I can tell you these GUNSTIX are a vast improvement and I find they as fast to set up as any sticks. Because the rifle is supported in two places it is easy for the shooter to move the sticks up, down and sideways by himself with the rifle still mounted on the sticks. They also are far steadier than anythign I've used in the past.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote