Find
Notify
Tools

Double Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
I'm Looking for a nice Double in calber sufficent for dangerous game. any sugestions on where to look.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Where to look depends to some extent on what you're looking for. Are you looking for a new (or relatively new) gun or a classic old english double?

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've got a Cogwell & Harrison .475 N.E. 3 1/4" for sale. It is accurate and in great shape. I also have over 70 loaded rounds and 250 softs and solids.. extra brass & dies, too.

Send me a p.m. or e-mail me at properfistmele@hotmail if interested.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a "double" and that's that....Then call Butch at Searcy and get a great gun ordered.

If you are after a relic from a bygone era...go to Holland and Holland's web site and buy the Rigby that they have for sale @ 55K..It's one of the 25 .470 NEs ever produced (in house).

Otherwise get a Searcy!

JW

one of us
posted Hide Post
Give us a week or two...we have new listings coming in that will, I believe, allow us to make the claim that we have more double rifles listed in one place than any other site on the internet. Currently at around 40 guns, shortly will be over 60.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ were you at SCI Reno this year? I think we talked about a 450-4000,3". PM with some options.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Dr B

I recently purchased a very nice English double from George Caswell at Champlin Arms in Enid Okla. www.champlinarms.com He always has a nice selection at a wide range of prices and if he doesn't have what you want he will probably get it. He also has a very good gunsmith/gunmaker who can fix any problems that may arise with a double. They are very good people to deal with and I would certainly recommend them.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:

Retailers

and
gunmakers.

Gotta elaborate on 500grains links:

Forums.NitroExpress.com - Double Rifle Retailers

and
Forums.NitroExpress.com - double rifle makers.

If anyone wants to add their own double rifle retailer web address or double rifle maker address or one they know of, it is a free listing and we would like them to cover as many as possible as an online resource for double rifle enthusiasts. The links are moderated for QC purposes but open for anyone to post.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote