THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    when last did you introduce someone to hunting
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

when last did you introduce someone to hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2010 was an amazing year for me, I got to guide my 10 year old to his first whitetail - a little 6 point buck (one shot).

And I got to experience Africa with my wife, she took her first ever animal, a Zebra on the last day of our hunt in Zim. I have a hunch she is the woman Mark mentioned is his post...

If I didn't pull a trigger on one animal last year I wouldn't have minded a bit - these two events made my year and brought new hunters into our fold.

Posts: 124 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Neil,

It wasn't that hard to figure out who I was talking about was it?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She does make quite an impression.

You should see her friends when she tells them about "her" hunt...I love it.

As you well know Mark - she wants to go back just as much as I do. You know what they say about converts, they are the worst kind.

Posts: 124 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oliva:
surestrike, those pictures of your family hunting are awesome, but that racoon picture is a classic!

Thanks..

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
This is a great topic Ivan. More of us need to take kids, or women, hunting. I recently took 2 differnt kids out for our "Youth" weekend waterfowl hunt, which is held the weekend after duck season closes here in California. Took a different kid each day, one of whom had only been hunting a time or two....and he shot his first ever duck, a drake pintail. Each day, the kid whom I took fired about 40 shots, and they had a grand time.

We all need to get involved in doing this. Over the years, I've taken more than 20 kids out for their first duck hunt, and have yet to take one who didn't like it a lot. Spring turkey season is right around the corner in many states, and that'll be our next chance to make a difference with the next generation of hunters.

If you can't take a kid or woman who is new to hunting, take a member of our armed forces. It's a great way to say "Thank you for your service".

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote