New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lemco Status?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know the current status of the Lemco concession in Zim? It used to be listed as one of the areas hunted by HHK; but their website no longer has it included.

From what I understand, it has an outstanding population of a wide variety of plains game plus good DG hunting and was recomrnded as an area I might want to consider.

Posts: 152 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently heard that Mr. Davy still owns it and that it is still hunted, but you need to book through another agent instead of HHK. Not sure who the current agent is, but perhaps Ganyana can specify.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lemco is a conservancy- There are 50 "owners"- roughly half German half American. Charley Davey actually only owns one property and 49% of all the others (Clever Man Wink) Mazungu safaris were talking about taking over the hunting there but unless they buy Chewore north at tomorrows auction, I imagine HHK will be back there.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We stopped by and visited with Mr. Davy on my hunt at Lemco last year (had to bum some ammo from him when my firearms and luggage didn't arrive). He certainly is a personable fellow who takes a tremendous interest in what is happening at the conservancy, the game and the visiting hunters. Very talkative and excitable when told or relating tales about big game, cats, sable and the other species (except for the giraffe and zebra which seem overpopulated there) seen, whether taken or not. It would have been nice to spend the day talking to him and hearing some of the stories I'm sure he would be willing to tell, but he was constantly on the radio trying to locate petrol for the PH's.

I think Davy is man who really cares about the conservancy, the wildlife, the hunters and the industry. He seemed passionate about it to me. Whether it was "show" or not, I can't say, but he was a bluster of activity and very excited about a big cat one of the Hallamore's had taken the evening before.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having only been to Lemco and not Save or any other conservancy - I was extremely impressed with the management and the game in the place. When we were there, they offered giraffe to us on a "cull hunt" price saying they needed to take out about 200 head. After shooting one, it was enough. They are huge and hard to knock down. Great place to hunt.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote