THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Photos - The wonder of rain in Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos - The wonder of rain in Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
For those of or most of you who only come in the dry months here is a couple of pictures to show you how Africa can change to a wonderland.

Fresh wet warthog tracks

Fresh wet duiker tracks

Fresh impala tracks

Earth dam

Green fields of Africa.

Green fields of Africa.

Brand new flowers

Sunset trough the trees.

The go away bird !

Guinea Fowl

Banded mongoose

Background impala

Hiding impala

So much green which one to eat first.

Mom mom someone is very close and he smells human.

Lazing around

Tough getting up after such a nice nap.

We had a real great rainy season so far as you can see so the animals will be in good shape. It will be a bit tough for the guys early in season though with thick vegetation.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Great pics Frederik, thanks for letting us see how it looks when it's not dry beer

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Amazing. Thanks for the pictures.

One of Us
Picture of Jagter
posted Hide Post
I was visiting in the Ellisras Bushveld area this past weekend.
It rained so much (± 50mm on average over a very wide area) that most of the farm dirt roads looked like rivers and where the water was not flowing, the dirt roads looked like a series of overflowing earth dams!

Lots of earlier rain resulted in everything growing much faster than usual this time of the season, green bushes and grass as far as the eye can see and yes, this coming winter of 2008 is going to be one with absolutely the most dense bushveld conditions to hunt in that you've seen for many years.

OWLS
My Africa, with which I will never be able to live without!

Posts: 654 | Location: RSA, Mpumalanga, Witbank. | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed your pics. Future ones will be anticipated!

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Those are great. Thanks for posting them.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
superb thumb

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Neat view of Africa. I have noticed the weather there has a similar effect on the weather here in Vermont. You're getting lots of rain, there's already four feet of snow on the ground here!

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Yes, the weather is funny this year so far it's hot but not so hot it's actualy tricky you think youre use to the heat but it's just not that hot. So actualy we are having a very comfortable summer so far and plenty of rain and a few cold fronts that gets sent up from the Cape in between.

Anyway whatever it may be I can see thick bush plenty of new babies and lots of ticks for next season.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Nee,

Jy maak nie reg nie. Nou verlang ek huis toe!! Moet maar tevrede wees met sand hier in U.A.E...

Gerhard

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Gerhard,

Jammer om van jou probleem te hoor rotflmo
Kom jy nie eers huis toe vir kersfees nie ?
Wat maak jy daardie kant in elk geval in watter industrie werk jy ?

Frederik Cocquyt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, that is an Africa most of us American hunters never see. thumb

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos thanks. It would be nice to see that in person.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
I will be home next year in July.

Then everything will be dry and brown again.

So keep on taking pictures and posting them.

Gerhard.

O ja, ek werk nou in die olie bedryf.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote