New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta 200,July 29
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be taking my daughter on her first trip. We will be at Tholo for a 10 day hunt. Coming back on Delta 201 August 14.

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's what a good father does. Have a great hunt.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Howdy Mike...how the heck are you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
You will have a GREAT time. Say hello to Clive, Linda and Stephen from the Dolllars.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane doing great. Looking forward to my trip. This will be my 18th trip. I have walked behind many great trackers but I have always heard that the bushman are the greatest dry land trackers. After spending around 60 days hunting with the pygmies in wet conditions I am going to find out. Mainly hunting 2 eland bulls just for tracking experience.

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Mike! I am going to spend most of the month of June with Nigel. A little time in Vic Falls then hunting in Deka Tail.

I hope you have a wonderful time at Tholo Mike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good luck and safe travels my friend. Enjoy your father/daughter safari!

About time you get out of the swamp and into the Kalahari before your toes web.... oh wait, you're a Coonass like Burke. Nevermind!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clive and his crew at Tholo are first class. My wife and i really enjoyed our hunt and look forward to returning. The trackers are amazing!

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Mike, enjoy your time with your daughter, surely it will be a great trip.

quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm: About time you get out of the swamp and into the Kalahari before your toes web.... oh wait, you're a Coonass like Burke. Nevermind!

We go to the rainforest to escape the heat and humidity of South Louisiana.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
We go to the rainforest to escape the heat and humidity of South Louisiana.

rotflmo

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just came back from working on my hunting lease here in south Louisiana. It was worse than anything I experienced in the rain forest

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, you and your daughter are going to enjoy Tholo. Awesome place.

I would love to go back with my family.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote