New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dangerous Game Hunt on TV
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was wondering if anyone here saw an episode of Today's Bowhunter on the Outdoor Channel. They had three hunts including Elephant, Lion, and Croc.

For those who didnt catch it

1. First hunt was for a croc. They set up a blind and put a bait by the edge of a water hole. The hunter shot the croc (looked like a good shot???), and attached to his arrow was a string with a water bottle on the other end. The next day they recoverd the croc when it washed up on the bank.

2. The next hunt was for Elephant. That hunt consisted of a guy shooting a bull with a bow, and then the PH shot and put the bull down.

3. The last hunt was for lion. On this hunt the hunting party approched a big male lion, and the hunter climbed in to a tree stand and put an arrow into the mid section of the lion which some how droped him within 10 yds from where he was shot.

They are going to replay this episode Tue. and Thur. if you need a good laugh.

My opinions.......
hunt #1 could be done, but not my cup of tea (and i Bowhunt)
hunt #2 If I throw a rock at an elephant then have a PH shoot it can I say that I killed an Elephant with a rock?
hunt #3 I didnt see a cage but I'm sure it wasn't far

Posts: 67 | Location: Lubbock Texas | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Today's Bowhunter

http://www.todaysbowhuntertv.com/

Tue Dec. 07, 2004 1:30 PM EST

Thu Dec. 09, 2004 7:00 PM EST

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
RBrowntx,

I'll check it out, tomorrow.... Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TCARR ..........

Thanks Terry, I'll make sure to catch this one!

Watched the Elephant hunt you mailed me, the charge at the begining was the best part!

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Quote:

and then the PH shot and put the bull down.

No shit! And the point of hunting ele with a bow is? Just to piss it off?

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Will,

Don't forget the first principle of hunting.

He who draws first blood......

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Thanks for telling us about this. I set the Tevo to record it and watched it last night. Anybody else see it?

What a joke.

I changed from cable to dish, at some extra cost just so i could get OLN. At first I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now that I've had it a while, I sit and scream at the TV like a football game.

I think the videos made by AR members have spoiled me!!!!

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote