Notify
Tools

Could it be true- Mugabe dead?
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
http://fox.usa-radio.com/break...-singapore-hospital/

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Awesome

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please....

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Don't we have this thread about this time every year?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you wish for......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Appears not true.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

One day it'll be real mate Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Hope springs eternal...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:

Exactly, the next one might be worse.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by df06:
quote:

We always say that, but how could anyone top Bob?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.z...ill-very-much-alive/

Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe Is Still Very Much Alive

Much like his rule of Zimbabwe, the internet's habit of killing the Southern African country's leader every few months goes on. And on. And on.

09/03/2017 13:25 SAST | Updated 09/03/2017 13:27 SAST

Staff Reporter

Zimbabweans have learned to roll their eyes at the latest news of President Robert Mugabe's demise, and this time is no different. Having recently celebrated his 93rd birthday, he also announced his intention to run again for another five-year term in 2018.

The reason why he was back in the news again this week was in keeping with his regime's oppression of freedom of expression: Newsday reports that Remnant Church cleric Patrick Philip Mugadza will appear in court on Thursday for committing a crime by prophesying that the Mugabe would die this year on October 17.

"According to the court papers, on January 12 this year, Mugadza was interviewed by the Zimbabwe Mail, an online publication, and the State alleges he caused to be published a story captioned, Pastor Mugadza says President Mugabe to die in October 2017, which appeared on the same publication on January 13 this year. The State alleges in the interview Mugadza caused an offence and insulted the Christian religion and African tradition by uttering words which are taboo to predict someone's death," Newsday reports.

Mugabe has ruled Zimbabwe since 1980, and has been the only one since the country's independence from Britain. No other African president currently in charge can claim that.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
quote:

Not necessarily anyone, but any THING. A roving civil war for power could be MUCH worse.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
quote:

Not necessarily anyone, but any THING. A roving civil war for power could be MUCH worse.

i am thinking a civil war that will spread into SA. advising all my friends to have a vac plan.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I don't think we will know when he is gone, veterinarians do not have to notify deaths or complete death certificates Smiler

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Never lose sight of the fact that things can always get worse than they are now.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has happened so many times that he is suspicioned of being dead.

Somehow I think "his guys" that have been running the show a while have a plan to keep doing just that.

Whether that plan succeeds - well that the questions of Africa right?

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Never lose sight of the fact that things can always get worse than they are now.

Or better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he's been dead for a few years now and they trot him out every now and again ah la Weekend at Bernie's?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mugabe truly deserves a special place in hell for what he did to that country, and his people. I'll certainly shed no tears. But I share Beib's concern. What's next?

Posts: 10307 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
At least with Mugabe we all know what we have. When he is gone it will be a crap shoot. things could be better or violence could sweep the land.

Outside of the USA Zim is my favorite country. I look forward to being there again this July to hunt and visit friends.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am getting as nervous as a whore in church over all of this.

I am taking my wife to Zim for her first trip to Africa. Damn I would hate to be over there if the old man dies. Every day that goes by, this becomes more and more likely. What is he, 93?

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I thought I read that he had recently celebrated yet another unfortunate birthday with his signature giant birthday cake while the rest of his nation starves. With a bit of luck he'll trip, or get a push from some brave soul, and fall into the next one and drown. Now wouldn't that be poetic justice!!!!

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

I am taking my wife to Zim for her first trip to Africa. Damn I would hate to be over there if the old man dies. Every day that goes by, this becomes more and more likely. What is he, 93?

Sounds like you need to take her to Zambia or Tanzania Big Grin

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Mugabe dies every couple of years. And even if he does, it can mean everything or nothing for the country depending on who succeeds him. The country is effectively run by a JOC of security forces heads anyway.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Didn't another thread reach 15 pages by asking if someone was dead?
Here we go again???????
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Going in May. Thinking the same thing.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
At least with Mugabe we all know what we have. When he is gone it will be a crap shoot. things could be better or violence could sweep the land

Cal

No crap shoot, next in line is his wife. Nothing will change except the face.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote