New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Question on SKB guncase
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thank you all for your replies. It puts my mind at ease that so many have had good luck with this case. I checked the measurements of the case and belive I have the quad rifle case instead of the double, it is huge guess I will only need a small checked bag now.

I will remove the bolts for safety sake. Again thanks for the replies.

James F. Nixon III

Posts: 39 | Location: North GA. | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am using the same case, leaving Atlanta on the 20th for Namibia. Glad to hear so many positive testimonials

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a question for those who have used the SKB cases to travel before.

I had ordered the side by side SKB custom case from Midway for two scoped rifles that places the rifles beside each other in cutouts. My luck being what it is they instead shipped me the case that places the rifles over under in attic style (48" double rifle case with a divider in between).

Of course though the screw up is clearly there fault I am leaving on the 24th for Africa and they are not willing to get me the new case turned around in time to leave without ME paying the extra shipping to assure it arrives in time(200$ in over nights etc..) though of course I ordered the right case in plenty of time.

My question is for those who have used the over under style case how did it work out for you and did your rifles stay secure without sliding around and poking the crown into the side of the case? I am trying to decide should I pay the shipping for the case I ordered since I thought it would better hold the rifles still or with added packing shirts pants etc.. around the rifles will this case work?

James F. Nixon III

Posts: 39 | Location: North GA. | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NONEII,

I have also used the SKB case as pictured, to RSA and Zimbabwe with perfect results. The guns and equipment in the case were in the exact location as when packed.

On the return trip from Zimbabwe in Atlanta this year two of the men had damage with their heavy aluminum cases, the SKB only surface scrathes, I highly recommend them. Enjoy your trip..........Bob

Posts: 94 | Location: S.E Pa | Registered: 05 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have used the case you now have for 3 years and 20+ flights and have never had a problem. I love it and highly recommend it.

Tim Herald