Notify
Tools

SCI - Newsletter
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Dear ALL

A short note to keep our guests posted on these groups ...

Just an excerpt from the latest SCI newsletter which I receive periodically being a paid up international member ..

Regards, Peter
--------------------------

SCI - First For Hunters In the Crosshairs -- e-news from SCI's Washington Office

The latest and hottest news on federal, state, and international political and conservation events

February 3, 2005

Humane Society Goes to Washington ....

The recently merged Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and Fund for Animals have launched a new lobbying arm in Washington DC to take their anti-hunting fight to the doorsteps of Capitol Hill.

“We're taking our fight to end animal suffering and abuse straight to Capitol Hill and to every state legislature.â€

Some of their stated 2005 goals are listed below:

Pass a federal bill to crack down on canned hunts, "drive-thru" operations that allow trophy hunters to kill fenced-in exotic animals for a fee;

Place a measure on the 2006 ballot in Michigan to restore a ban on hunting mourning doves.
SCI, and especially its Washington DC office, will continue to oppose HSUS and its tactics as they begin their new endeavor in the halls of Congress.

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
This is the email I got from SCI today on this issue.

SCI - First For Hunters In the Crosshairs -- e-news from SCI's Washington Office
The latest and hottest news on federal, state, and international political and conservation events
February 3, 2005

Humane Society Goes to Washington
The recently merged Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and Fund for Animals have launched a new lobbying arm in Washington DC to take their anti-hunting fight to the doorsteps of Capitol Hill.

“We're taking our fight to end animal suffering and abuse straight to Capitol Hill and to every state legislature.â€Â

Some of their stated 2005 goals are listed below:

Pass a federal bill to crack down on canned hunts, "drive-thru" operations that allow trophy hunters to kill fenced-in exotic animals for a fee;
Place a measure on the 2006 ballot in Michigan to restore a ban on hunting mourning doves.
SCI, and especially its Washington DC office, will continue to oppose HSUS and its tactics as they begin their new endeavor in the halls of Congress.

Attack on Lead in California
The Center on Biological Diversity (CBD) has submitted a petition to the California Department of Fish & Game that would ban all lead bullets and shot in the California condor range, which includes most of the southern part of the state. SCI’s Conservation Program Manager, Bob Byrne, will be in CA to testify against this petition on Feb 4th and to offer hunter self-education as an alternative means to reduce the rate of lead ingestion by condors in California. Stay tuned to Crosshairs for further updates.

NJ TV Documentary on Hold
Due to pressure from anti-hunting activists, the New Jersey Network (NJN) pulled an award-winning bear documentary from airing on its station. “Bears: Too Close for Comfortâ€Â, a documentary about the state’s black bear population was pulled for “fact-checking†reasons after the station received over 1000 emails, faxes, calls and letters from anti-hunters decrying the veracity of the documentary.

If you live in NJ and would like to make your opinion known, please contact the station at the following information: Elizabeth G. Christopherson , NJN CEO and President:
Phone: 609 777 5001 / Fax 609 633 2912 / sdeluca@njn.org

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cunningham:
This is the email I got from SCI today on this issue.

February 3, 2005

Im guess SCI doesn't like my prepaid membershi until 2006 when they can ask for some more money.

I haven't had one of the e-mails for some time. I used to get them.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote