Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunter II
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
Today I bought Craig Boddington's African Hunter II . Looks like a truly great book. The pictures from all over Africa, the great hunting stories and discussions of each country, and the overall quality make it appear to be one of the top books on Africa in recent years. If you don't have it yet, you might want to consider it for your collection.

African Hunter II

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Great book. CB needs a better proofreader, though. On the first page, he gets the caliber of TR's H&H double rifle completely wrong.

Don't want to seem petty, though. The book is an excellent read and is filled with superb color photography.

Posts: 13398 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I just bought the same book from him this past weekend when CB was in the area at a Gander Mountain Grand Opening. He was very open about his role in that book and the contributions of several other writers. So far I have learned a lot from the book and am pleased with the purchase.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Check out the first chapter in the East Africa section....Ethiopia. I spent part of the summer bringing that as up to date as possible. Of course, some things have already changed.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spring,

It is a great book. So many animals so little money....!

I am particularly happy that the book is printed on high quality glossy paper and the photos are in color. Africa and it's game animals really loose something when displayed in black and white.

Aside from Rich I think there is an AR member or two with their photos in the text.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AT SCI in Reno this year Jay Mellon spent over an hour in our booth just visiting about Ethiopia. Still says that Mt. Nyala is one of the few African Safaris worth doing a second time. Jay, who I'm sure 99% of AR knows was the Author of the original AFRICAN HUUNTER in the late 60's/early 77's, was in Safari Press' booth gratiously promoting the new book. SO was Peter Flack and CB.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote