THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: From S.C.I., Friday,D-Day for Lions

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: From S.C.I., Friday,D-Day for Lions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any lions that are not taken as sport hunted trophys will be poisioned by the locals whenever possible. The lion is just as dead but has no value.

Posts: 294 | Location: carmichael,califoenia,usa | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 67410 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Now i'm really confused.

Me too....too much Latin in that link Saeed.

What's strange to me is that there are some of these animals listed on App. II that can be imported into the US (Mountian Zebra/Elephant) and some that cannot (Wood Bison). As if Canada is less reliable in its wildlife management programs than Zimbabwe or Namibia? hmmmmmm?!?!
Listing Lion on App. I would certainly reduce the number of CITES export permits and also reduce the number of countries that would honor them with import permits. This would also, in the minds of the USFWS warrant inclusion of Lion under the Endangered Species Act in the US and, for now, would effectively prohibit importation (not by law, but by USFWS organizational tradition).

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is what I thought too. But it was kinda vague.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont like it what ever it is.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not believe Appendix I means Lion would become "unhuntable". For instance, Cheetah are currently Appendix I from what I understand. What it would mean is that the importation of Lion to some countries would become much more difficult.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote