THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Africa for the experienced only?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Africa for the experienced only?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted
My first big game kill was also an impala in South Africa at age 46. I think Africa is a great first-time introduction to big game hunting. The game is plentiful and varied, the weather is great compared to northern hemisphere hunting seasons, the accommodations and food are generally first-rate, and if you only take one animal, the game viewing during the rest of your stay can't be beat.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting timing for this post. I spoke with my younger brother a couple of days ago, and he mentioned that he was planning to go to Africa next summer with others from his church community to help with a construction project - and he wanted to know if I could meet him afterwards to go hunting.

I have spent my whole life in pursuit of game animals, and only last year made the trek to RSA for the highlight of my hunting experiences. My brother, on the other hand, has hunted very little and not enjoyed much success - mostly due to inexperience and mediocre shooting skills due to lack of practice.

After the phone call, I must admit I had many of the same thoughts you expressed. After a few days, I have come to the conclusion that if I have the chance to show him something of the sport I love, and the place I have enjoyed most - then the experience will be a positive one for us both.

Course, If he gets stomped to a pile of mush by some mad critter - I may change my mind !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see this as a problem, if someone wants to start his hunting career with Buffalo or whatever then that suits me fine. a good PH can handle these situations...

Dwight and Scott, hunting this year with Saeed began their careers with Buffalo and loved it, they had some misgivings to start with, at least Dwight did, but he really got into it after he got his feet wet with his first buffalo, he became a killing machine! ....You always have a lot of backup in these cases...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

My son's first ever "big" game kill was an impala in Zimbabwe, at age 21.

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote