New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Photoes To Enjoy
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67389 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Damn you take good photos. Thank you.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures !

What species of snake is that ?

Posts: 77 | Location: Hopefully out in the hills somewhere | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
Great Pics. Is that a Mamba, if so what kind?
Dr B

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Saeed what kind of lens are you using, and filters?

Really nice photography.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi Saeed,
What kind of camera are you using. Is it a 35 mm? Your pictures are very clear and the lighting is well captured. Thanks for posting them.
Take care,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

These pictures were taken by a number of people, using a variety of digital cameras.

The snakes were taken with a Canon Ixus500, a small 7 megapixel camera.

The black snake I took in a hurry. We were trying to get close to a herd of buffalo one afternoon - those who have seen our hunting video of this year would remember this snake.

As we got into a dry river bed, we saw this snake. The river bed was no more than about 10 feet wide at the top. Roy tried to keep it away from him with the shooting sticks.

I have no idea what it is, but we like to tell people it is a baby black mamba.

We have not used any filters on any of the cameras, except may be the Nikon D2X, which has a sky light filter to protect the lense.

Some of these photos were cleaned up with Photoshop.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67389 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of formerflyer
posted Hide Post
Those are some excellent photos. Reminds me to make sure I take more non-game photos next time!

"If you can get closer, get closer. If you can get steadier, get steadier."

Posts: 117 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: 14 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Saeed;

You have a talent with the camera.

Can I ask you this:

In the course of your safaris, how often have you run across poisonous snakes?

Did you ever have a too close for comfort encounter with one?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It varies from year to year. Last year when we hunted In Mahenge North, in Tanzania, we saw snakes very regularly.

Some we know to be poisonous, and others we assume to be, as our knowledge of them is not great.

Snakes such as puff adders and black mambas are seen almost on every hunt.

This makes us wonder how close we get to some without actually know it.

This year our PH, Roy Vincent, almost stepped on a large puff adder sunning itself on the road. He was just a step away from it.

One year in Zimbabwe, as we were following buffalos, a puff adder passed between me and him as he walked in front of me.

One time we were stalking a herd of waterbuck. We were crawling on our hands and knees, and stopped on some rocks. I was right behind Roy. Close enough to rest my rifle on his shoulders. When a puff adder again passed right between us!

On another occasion we were standing behind a tree watching some elephants less than 100 yards away. Roy made sign with his hands for me to look at a crack in the bark of the tree we were hiding behind.

When I looked, I saw a green snake sticking his tung out at me less than 2 feet away!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000