THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Legendary Adventures - 2005 photo gallery

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legendary Adventures - 2005 photo gallery
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just noticed Legendary Adventure has updated their photo gallery with pictures of their 2005 hunts.

They take some fantastic trophies and I just love having a look at all the amazing species Tanzania has to offer..!!!

Thought you folks might enjoy this as well.

Legendary Adventures 2005 photo gallery

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies...all of the lions were superb and buffalo 6,7 & 11 were the buffalo dreams are made of. At least my dreams... Also a nice download on lions and why they hunt only mature males.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bwanamrm,

There are some real beauts on their website! I really like Buff #11...what a bruiser.

Besides the Buff & Lion they have taken some great plains game espcially Sable and Roan.
Like you said....the stuff dreams are made of. Smiler

I do believe our own Spring and his son are on page #8 under the title Wildebeest #3.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice trophy photos. From their website, Lendendary Adventures looks like an agent who sends clients to either Wengert Windrose or to Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris. Is that correct?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
TGT owns Wengert Windrose. They bought them several years ago. The only reason they still keep the WW name active is because Tanzania has a law on the books that basically limits the amount of concessions a particular safari company can have. By operating under both names, they are able to have twice as many concessions as they could otherwise. This is not unique to TGT as several companies in TZ do this and 3 or 4 even have more concessions under their belt than does TGT. TGT also owns the old "Ker & Downey" trade name, one that goes back to the classic days of the safari industry. They use it for photographic safaris. All 3 are owned by a family in Texas and marketed under the name of Legendary Adventures.
Oh, and yes, David, that’s us with the wildebeest. Thanks for noticing!

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spring,

Thanks for the info. Your post peaked my interest...

Do you know who the other top concession holders in Tanazania are? I had heard that Legendary Adventures had a bunch of really good areas but, no word on any of the other large holders....

Regards,
Dave

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Two of the other big players are

Tanzania Big Game Safaris (Raoul Ramoni)

and

Tanganyika Wildlife Safaris (Gerard Pasanisi).

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
Nice trophy photos. From their website, Lendendary Adventures looks like an agent who sends clients to either Wengert Windrose or to Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris. Is that correct?

Yes, they use Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris.

DC300

Posts: 334 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much it would cost to buy a safari outfit like TGTS? Also I have heard TGTS is really expensive...anyone have any idea on how much their 21 day safari runs?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bulldog,

I have their 2004 price list and a 21 day 1x1 is $55,690.00 which is $2652.00 per day...

I saw them at SCI last January and they had an extremely impressive floor display. I took them to be a first class outfit who are very client oriented.

There are a couple guys here who have hunted with them. Perhaps they will chime in with some real world experience.

I am looking forward to getting their yearly hunting journal "Scope"....it's as close as I can get right now. Smiler

Terry,

Thanks for the info regarding concession holders.

Regards,
Dave