Find
Notify
Tools

Going To Chirisa!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway,

I hit my first buffalo in just about that spot by accident with a .416 Swift A-Frame. The bullet hit both upper lobes of the lungs. That buff lead us a merry chase, we found him sick but very much alive. If you put your bullet there intentionally, be ready for anything. Smiler

I have hit every buffalo since on the point of the shoulder which has broken bones and put a hole in the heart. Workes great!

In any case have fun!

Brett

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
[URL= ]shot placement[/URL]

And here we go......(again)... stir

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Out of fairness to Alan you need to discuss your proposed shot placement with him so that he at least knows what you are contemplating. It is not fair to Alan, the trackers and the game scout to take that sort of shot and not at least have Alan prepared to back it up immediately. Honestly, it is sort of ridiculous to even have to have this conversation. You should be prepared to follow the PH's advice, or stay home and no PH is going to tell you to try to take that shot on purpose.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If this shot is going to bother anyone then I will not use it.I agree that it is the PH who is in command. It is the broadside shot I use on caribou that gave me the best results. I'll shoot him anywhere Alan wants me to.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After Alan saw what happened when I (through poor shooting, not by intent) hit a buffalo in the spot indicated on this thread I doubt he will be too thrilled about someone trying to duplicate its location on purpose.

After two days of tracking the buffalo we lost him when he went into Mana Pools.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I choose a safari shirt and pants from the TAG clothing company.I am also looking at a pair of Asolo hiking shoes.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I agree that it is the PH who is in command . . . I'll shoot him anywhere Alan wants me to.

thumb thumb

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote