THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Same plug adaptor for Zimbabwe/Zambia?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Same plug adaptor for Zimbabwe/Zambia?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if a plug adaptor that was used in Zimbabwe will also work in Zambia?

Posts: 11 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: 05 December 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Probably, as both were run by the Brits!

My suggestion is to buy one of those International adapdtors, that one can use world wide.
It is very small, and I carry one in my carry bag all the time.

I even use it on the plane.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I believe Zam and Zim use the same adapter(99% sure).

But if you find that you need an adapter in Zambia you can buy one at any supermarket market and any of the towns.

Shoprite sells them in the checkout line for about $1.50 USD.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
They're different but the good news is you can easily buy a multi plug adaptor that will fit either from places such as radio shack.

http://www.shakariconnection.com/travel-zambia.html

http://www.shakariconnection.com/travel-zimbabwe.html

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Shakri

I'm not sure that I understand the info on your website, but I believe their listing for Zambia is partially incorrect.

This website shows Zambia correctly, I believe.
Zimbabwe
Zambia

Also it shows Zambia and Zimbabwe as being the same.

The British style(BS-1363) is the most common according to what I have seen in Zambia.

This is what I usually see in Zambia:

Maybe someone in Zim can tell us if this is what they use there.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Jason,

I'd be suprised if it is wrong but will mention it to 'she who must be obeyed' and she'll look into it. Wink

One of the problems with Africa is that it's not unusual for people to cross a border and buy this sort of thing in different formats either because the proper one is not available at home or cheaper elsewhere.

We will look into it though. Smiler

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Jason,

One of the problems with Africa is that it's not unusual for people to cross a border and buy this sort of thing in different formats either because the proper one is not available at home or cheaper elsewhere.

I am often wrong. I guess I should have mentioned that.
Big Grin

Also, I should have mentioned that it is common in Zambia to see several different styles of plugs(wall sockets) in the same house. This might be done due to availability, but also to allow the use of different appliances.

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
13 amp square pin as shown by Jason is correct for Zim. I have used these in Zambia too although some of the older facilities have the 15 amp round pin still in use.......adaptors are easily available though in both Zim and Zambia

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote