THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Well my doubles aren't for sale by my wife yet!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well my doubles aren't for sale by my wife yet!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will drink a toast to your good health under the Southern Cross in August !!! beer

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
outstanding news mac - guess we can put up with you for a bit longer Wink thumb

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I'll raise a glass to that one too.

Just OUTSTANDING!!!! clap beer clap

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Yesterday I had a short visit with my cancer surgeon, where he ran that damn scope down my throat, and into my broncial tubes, for an inspection. The doctor found no evidence of any re-growth of tumors,That along with a clean chest X-ray a week ago, has my hopes up some! He placed me on 4 month intervels for scoping! So I'm free to roam till October 4th 07. thumb

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Rusty, my wife can't sell you all my doubles for Wal-mart prices! TOO BAD FOR YOU! clap

That's awesome Mac. thumb I had no idea you were battling that evil disease! I am really glad to hear you are coming out on top though! Smiler

All the best! salute

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll assume you are a great individual and I wish you a healthy life.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great to hear! Mac! your the real deal! and a blessing to many people!

Aaron

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Mac, Keep up the good work! Stay healthy and fit while doing the things you love the most.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

I am really happy to hear that.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it any day above ground is a good day, I hope you stay cancer free thumb. I went the esophogeal cancer route and am now sitting here recovering from prostrate cancer surgery. They got it all both times so I can understand your feelings ya just got to hang in there and do those things you been putting off cause life is short.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Great news,good luck on your hunt thumb

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1871 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news! You are on our prayer list now.

SFC E7(retired)

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news!!!!!! I know being ftom Tx, you told your wife those rifles only cost $200 each because they were so old and and ccould only shoot 2 times. Its gotta make you feel good knowing how happy she will be when we offer her $500 each. (If that don't make you want to live forever nothing will!) I am just thinking like a Louisiana congressman!!!

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I have been out of pocket and am just now seeing this. I am very glad to hear the news!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J D:
Great news!!!!!! I know being ftom Tx, you told your wife those rifles only cost $200 each because they were so old and and ccould only shoot 2 times. Its gotta make you feel good knowing how happy she will be when we offer her $500 each. (If that don't make you want to live forever nothing will!) I am just thinking like a Louisiana congressman!!!

JD

JD,Unfortunetly for those who might have wanted to buy, When diognosed, I wasn't sure of the outcome, so I updated her on the value! Big Grin

Charlescongratulations on your trip to Namibia! clap

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! Looks good, but time will tell, got a couple more years to go yet! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Mac, this is indeed GREAT news. Here's to many more days in the field and with your family.
All the best.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mac: Many more years of happy hunting my friend, thanks for sharing with us. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac you are a smart man. I was just giving you
a real good reason to hang around. Real
good guys are hard to find now days. I am looking forward to meeting you this weekend.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks JD, are you driveing in or flying?

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am leaving in the morning, I will be driveing.
I was hopeing to find a partner Nobody could get a way from here.Where do you think i should spen the night. Austin or brady. I am going to pm you my #. Give me a call if you can.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro