New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Recommend an African DVD!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a recommendations for a non-Mark Sullivan African Hunting DVD.

I need to order for Christmas.

Already have Boddington on Buffalo and Leopard.
Thanks

Posts: 10305 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Buzz's video "Hunting the African Elephant" is excellent. Also Kevin Robertson just came out with a "Perfect Shot" DVD. Haven't seen it yet but just ordered it. Hope it is good.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out safaipress.com for the DVD listings. Ask to be on their mailing list.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Yes, Buzz's video on Ele hunting is excellent. I just ordered the Kevin Robertson dvd and am anxous to see it. Also, "Boddington on Buffalo" is good.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Safari Press brochure and have read about the various offerings. I am trying to get a feel for which one or two stand out...
Thanks

Posts: 10305 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
If you get Buzz's video I can add my authograph for only five bucks. Big Grin

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19341 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
"Death in Masailand" by Big Bore Productions. On DVD and filmed in high Def.

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Buzz's elephant video.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
"In the Blood" is one that you can watch with a non-hunter that may actually get them to understand hunting a bit. It is also very well done.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3824 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jack Brittingham's "Quest for Tanzanian Big Game".

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recommend "Boddington on Buffalo" and "Boddington on Leopard". Both are excellent.

Buliwyf

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
I liked the Boddington vids as well salute

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
I like all of the videos from Jack Brittingham. I have found them all entertaining. Boddington is also good.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.outdoorvisions.com and pick from any of the multitude.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Buzz's elephant video

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do any of the videos mentioned above come with english subtitles? I'm hearing impaired...Thanks in advance...

Posts: 64 | Location: Lowcountry, SC | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might also try

"Jaws of Simba"-- Lion attack that features a REAL, WILD, WOUNDED Lion.

"With Deadly Intent"-- Great Dangerous game action.

I still vote for the set of Capstick films for a fully rounded view.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buliwyf:
I recommend "Boddington on Buffalo" and "Boddington on Leopard". Both are excellent.

Buliwyf

Did you even read the post?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jarrod:

I thought I did. But sure didn't. How about "Boddington on Buffalo" or "Boddington on Leopard"? Good ones.

Thanx

Buliwyf

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunting the African Elephant, by Buzz C is a must if you ever want to go ele hunting. Also, Boddington on Leopard is also well done.

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buliwyf:
Jarrod:

I thought I did. But sure didn't. How about "Boddington on Buffalo" or "Boddington on Leopard"? Good ones.

Thanx

Buliwyf

Smart alick

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Buzz's elephant video!

For an older video, try Robert Ruark's "On Safari - Hunting in the Golden Age of Africa w/ Robert Ruark" - features Selby, a 110lb ele, a charging rino and a 49" buf.

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Where can you get that video?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THanks for the suggestions, you all are doing great. Seems I am not the only one that watches videos instead of MTV or pro basketball (yuck, ever since Larry Bird retired) or the cheesy-commercial filled-'Yee hah, Bubba, I gotta a bigun' " type deer hunts on the outdoor channel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jarrod:

Did you even read the post? The post asks you to recommend an African DVD. The post does not ask you to critize responses. Try your hand at answering the post.

Buliwyf

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Outdoor Visions has the best selection but many of their DVD's are severely overpriced. For instance, I have all of Jack Brittingham's DVD's, but I bought them from JackBrittingham.com where they are either $15.95 or $21.95. At Outdoor Visions, they are all $39.95 so don't buy them from Outdoor Visions.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent Videos you can find under www.huntersvideo.dk

r.
Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, my wife bought the Brittingham dvd's for me. I just finished the Tanzania dvd and it is very well done. I am ready to go!!!
She bought another one as well - Death in Masailand . Will put it in later...

Merry Christmas!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here know where I can get the Ruark movie on DVD?? I've looked at several sites...no luck so far.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merr Christmas, my wonderful and understanding wife bought me Kevin Robertson's CD "The Perfect Shot' for Christmas. It is an exceeding accurate rendition of the book, but now it is in 3D and if at all possible even more informative than the book. If you are going to Africa for the 1st time or the 20th time this is worth a look. The only minor negative are barely disguised commercials, but they take very little time and are almost well done. Good shooting and in 5 months I WILL be back in Africa. Merry Christmas, a Happy,Safe,and Prosperous New Year. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Buzz video. I have watched it three times now and learn something new every time.

Also, a while back I bought the Capstick Hunting Collection. Includes six DVDs of Capstick hunting different animals. Most are so so. I watched the Hunting the African Elephant one and it was actually pretty good. What was neat was that it featured the bush people and showed things like them making poison for arrows out of a caterpillar larvae, cooking an ostrich egg in a hole in the ground and things like not. Much more entertaining than most of the others in the series.

Mike

Posts: 21424 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote