THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Vaughan Fulton Elephant Hunts....Anyone been lately??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaughan Fulton Elephant Hunts....Anyone been lately??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am considering booking an Elephant hunt with Vaughan Fulton. Anyone has advice or experience, good or bad for this hunt, I would appreciated it.

Thanks!!!

Posts: 75 | Location: South Louisiana | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twicepipes,

PM Sent.

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't hunted Elephant with him but PG twice and hold him in the highest regard.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I elephant hunted with Vaughn twice. Great guy, safe, honest, trustworthy. I would hunt with him again in a min.

feel free to contact me futher
Jeff@jhinc.us

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted with him in 98 great guy
Hope to hunt with him again some day
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted elephant with him Oct, 09 and if I ever get a chance(and money) I will again.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Vaughan for probably a total of at least three months by now, and at least a month and a half of that time included hunting elephant.

If Vaughan is willing to hunt with me again, I will jump at the chance! Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13475 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About all I can say is that if the economy were better and I had the chance I would be over there hunting elephant and buffalo with Vaughan again.

I've been twice for 3 elephant bulls and now I just want to go again! So does the wife unit so that makes the arguement a lot easier!

Vaughan runs a great operation in an area full of elephants.

The new definition of insanity is that nobody I know snapped up the trophy elephant hunt he was offering in November. A better deal may not come along in a LONG time.

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
FWIW: Negative report submitted to Hunting Report. It is mentioned in the January issue. Editor notes that it is the single negative report for VF. It was a buffalo hunt, not elephant.

Otherwise, I've never heard a bad thing.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The same guy that filed the negative report also filed a report on Africahunting.com you can read it along with Vaughan's response. I was there a couple of weeks after this guy and all I can say is I took a nice elephant and saw at least a hundred buffalo. In fact, I saw 46 elephants and four big buffalo bulls right from camp. Another thing is this guy complained about the food, I thought the food was great. I guess you can't please everyone.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 thumbs up for Vaughan. Hunted buff and friend hunted ele.

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JA:
I guess you can't please everyone.

Amen, brother!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What would be the best time to hunt in the Caprivi for Elephant?

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:
What would be the best time to hunt in the Caprivi for Elephant?

TBD, that would depend on the area, as you get "dry" and "wet" areas. The dry areas are better just after the wet season, and the wet ones are better in the dry season. Wet season would be from around mid November to March/ April, and the dry season from around June to early November.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1334 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote