THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Prominent Outfitter remanded in Custody

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prominent Outfitter remanded in Custody
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Owner of one of the Biggest Hunting and Fishing Outfitts in Tanzania got in Trouble https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/N...8-b8xauxz/index.html

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

Administrator
posted Hide Post
What companies does he operate under??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What companies does he operate under??

Kilombero North Safaris and others

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing will come of it.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got 3 messages stating that this is nothing but a witch hunt!

Very sad if true!

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just returned from Tanzania. Consensus is the gentleman in question is being framed. The so called evidence was planted. All of his paper work and accounting was in order.

Tim

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vining:
I have just returned from Tanzania. Consensus is the gentleman in question is being framed. The so called evidence was planted. All of his paper work and accounting was in order.

Par for the course!

I am seeing things in Tanzania that do not look very good!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Aziz has a good reputation in Tanzania and is well connected. He runs a good company and has good areas. I believe this to be a shakedown of the first order. Sad to say but typical in Tanzania- ask TGT/Wengert Windrose about shakedowns...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And these idiots wonder why many have stopped coming to their country.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Glad I hunted the Selous once. Wouldn’t go back.TZ sets a new standard on how not to manage its wildlife. I have never seen such incompetence.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13443 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have seen how the deterioration is coming by just being at Dar airport.

Before, all one has to do is show his rifles and ammo, checked against the import license, dealing with one customs lady, and that is it.

Gradually, now there are several employees in the customs office - most are on their cell phones.

Non seem to be doing any productive job.

Then one has to go to the police station - same results - several people, all are talking or on their cell phones.

On the way out this year, they have added any angle to it.

We actually had to make ourselves known to the lady in the customs office - she was on her cell phone!

Then she wanted a copy of my passport, a copy of my boarding pass and a copy of the luggage tag for the rifles!!??

You cannot get these without checking in your rifles to the airline.

And you cannot check in at airline before getting your rifles through customs???

An utterly stupid new rule.

Luckily, the customs office is right next door to the check in counter.

So we went and checked in with our rifles, then came back with the boarding pass and luggage tag and passport back to the customs office for copies.

The copying machine refused to work!

Eventually it did, and we were on our way.

After passing immigration, they have added another layer of utterly pointless check point.

A officer is placed just before the stairs to the departure lounge.

His sole purpose is to check that your passport has been stamped!!???

The point that you cannot get across without passing through immigration has been lost on them.

This is what they did in Zimbabwe years ago.

Just added more employees who have to be paid, but are doing absolutely, positively, nothing useful.

You want to employ people?

Great.

Just make sure they are doing something constructive.

The more pointless hassle they add, the more people will go somewhere else to hunt.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Saeed, that is the truth.

Tanzania holds the best hunting grounds on earth, bar none.

But the Tanzanian government are destroying them, and any desire we may have to hunt there.

Before long, they will have ruined their game reserves and hunting industry irreparably and for all time.

As a hunter and a conservationist, it truly makes me sick.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13663 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wrote off Tanzania several years ago.One reason was their gouging prices on Bush flights.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
I wrote off Tanzania several years ago.One reason was their gouging prices on Bush flights.

Jeff

Same here.

The 06 lion debacle. The 07 price change . If I recall correctly, my last charter cost me $16,000. Absolute BS. Three safaris without a lion. I had enough.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they are learning from the "Russia Collusion Investigation" that has been dragging on for two years in the USA?

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the Pasanisi family can't run a viable safari business in Tanzania under present conditions, then how can any of the other operators? As they admitted, when Pasanisi lost elephant and lion hunting they were finished. Their overhead costs including anti-poaching, etc. had to be astronomical.

I suspect very few hunting safari operators in Tanzania are profitable. Many are "hobby" businesses for their owners. I'm certainly not critical of this type of ownership as these companies do provide the main source of wildlife protection in Tanzania, but often the reality is that once successful- here comes the government shakedown.

Smaller, local companies with areas probably have difficulty maintaining their blocks properly so they sublease and no funds go back into the area.

End result: 81 blocks back to the government and tremendous loss of wildlife protection and huge loss of funds to the government. Now because of the forfeiture of blocks, there are strong (likely with either tacit or active government cooperation) groups which will act to decimate these areas once and for all.

Perhaps ultimate exploitation is the real goal here, but to give the Tanzanians credit for any kind "grand scheme" in resource management is a big mistake.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:

Jeff

Same here.

The 06 lion debacle. The 07 price change . If I recall correctly, my last charter cost me $16,000. Absolute BS. Three safaris without a lion. I had enough.

According to the TZ folks who post here, the ridiculous charter rates are because it costs a lot more to run a plane there than anywhere else in Africa and they ( the outfitter’s) don’t get a dime of it. I know the last part is BS from first hand knowledge told me by an outfitter. He, at least, most definitely got a kickback.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13443 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I glean from the press release that the "buffalo meat" planted for the frame-up was 65 Kg valued at $1,900 (USD).
That is $13.29 per pound.
6 elephant tusks valued at $45,000 were also planted,
70 firearms and thousands of "ammunitions."
Each cartridge is an "ammunition" I assume,
instead of being thousands of different types of ammunitions, like centerfire, rimfire, rocks for slingshots, arrows for bows, peas for peashooters, etc.
Sounds like, indeed, the Tanzanian authorities have been taking lessons from the Democratic Party of the USA.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel blessed, I got out more or less when I could see things were getting out of hand, it was a hassel then and comical in many ways and I was used to it, but its a whole nuther ball game today..Saddens me to no end that it may soon come the day when the new up and coming hunters will never see that wonderful country that steals your soul once you have been there.. Frowner

Civil unrest, bush marketing to a hungry people and war will destroy animal life in a short time, and it takes years to return the wildlife to normality. I see that in all of Africa these days, but I feel Africa will survive at some point, it always has..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote