THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    line drawings of african animals anyone?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

line drawings of african animals anyone?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We are planing a hunting trip in march this year and i have been given the task of designing the shirt for a bunch of friends, i am looking for a fine line drawing of a kudu, black wildebeest, impala or other disticntive african animal put use on the shirt. can anybody help please?

the objective is a line drawing is easier for the shirt guy to embroider. thanks so much in advance.

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
<DETCORD>
posted
HELLO TRAPMONKEY.....THE BOOK "THE WHEEL OF LIFE" BY BUNNY ALLEN, AND PRINTED BY SAFARI PRESS, HAS PROBABLY THE BEST LINE DRAWINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE BEGINNING OF EACH CHAPTER HAS A NEW ANIMAL, WHICH INCLUDE KUDU, WATERBUCK, WILDEBEAST, LEOPARD, ETC. MAYBE ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS HAS A COPY ALREADY, AS IT IS A POPULAR AFRICAN HUNTING BOOK. IF NOT, IT IS AVAILABLE AT WWW.SAFARIPRESS.COM

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Trap

How about the beastly SOB

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys and gals anyone with any more suggestions, or a simple soft copy file? i would really appreciate it thank you. tm.

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapmonkey:
I am looking for a fine line drawing of a kudu, black wildebeest, impala or other disticntive african animal put use on the shirt. can anybody help please?

I had a local artist do several line drawings for me for a project I had. I've got about a dozen different animals done and can email them to you. They are in bitmap format but I can change the format if you need me to. They are not the greatest drawnings but they are more than you have now.

Just send me your email address to:

jds at jerrystringer.net (change the "at" to @)

Good luck!
JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
"Search for the spiral horn", by Boddington. Availabel at Safari Press. Nice drawings of all the nine major spiral horns, including kudu.

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Trapmonkey,

I agree with Detcord, very nice drawing in Bunny Allen’s book “ The wheel of lifeâ€.

I jump onto the opportunity to say that this book is awfully deceiving. B Allen spoke more of his females’ conquests than of hunting. A womaniser’s jubilation.
I hesitated to post my disappointment, it’s now done.
I am not in the habit to badmouth.
Borrow this book, don't buy it.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want to avoid copyright problems, there are many excellent clipart books available at bookstores. Most bookstores have a complete clip art section.

Posts: 156 | Location: Gray, Tennessee | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote