New
Find
Notify
Tools

DVD of hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally received my edited DVD from Safari Classics of my elephant hunt with Chifuti from last April. I say finally only because I have been anxiously waiting by the mailbox for it, but they had it completed right on schedule.

I take a lot pictures, make detailed written and audio notes, but nothing compares to video to bring back such vivid memories of what was a highlight in my hunting life. It was a comparatively small investment for such a quality production that I can share with family, friends, and to have preserved on film, a very special time for me in the Zambezi Valley.

Having a great cameraman along never hindered anything on the hunt. Renz was great company and most of the time he quietly blended into the back ground capturing moments I would have forgotten.

A big thank you to Safari Classics.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
You are absolutely correct, video taping a hunt is so far superior to photographs it is hard to appreciate until you have done it. I tell folks you will be much happier in the long run to forego a trophy fee on an impala or a zebra and use that money to have your hunt filmed. A video of a hunt captures the memories in ways that photos cannot begin to.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree. I wish I had started years ago.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Safari Classics mailed my Zimbabwe3 September Ele hunt DVD out to me today.

BTW, my partner and I will have two back to back consecutive TAA episodes of this hunt showing in February. Two Ele, a Lion and a couple of the little guys. Have not previewed it.

We had our Selous1 hunt done in 2001. I then had RSA4 (East Cape2), Mozambique1, Zambia2, and Mozambique2 filmed. I will be having another (Zim4) Ele safari done this coming August.

This is without doubt, the best possible way to commemorate a safari. Only wish I had started with my safaris from the '90s when I was trying to video my own safaris while hunting. That cannot be done effectively.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I agree. Videoing your Safari is the way to go. It's amazing to me how much of the hunt is forgotten just a short time after returning home. The DVD catches so many little episodes that brings the memory back to life.

Considering the price of a Safari, especially one for DG, it really is a small investment for what you get. Personally, I find the DVD record to rival the mounted trophies in terms of enjoyment.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Personally, I find the DVD record to rival the mounted trophies in terms of enjoyment.

. . . and they take up far less room.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote