THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Which Country do you most want to hunt?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Country do you most want to hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
ZAMBIA

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
time will tell and its going fast but again CAR for sure but im sure have to go very soon before no more possible or feasible ...

all the best.

Posts: 1869 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopia 230 days and counting down! After that the list is long. Hopefully the Eastern CApe in 2014 with son and grandchilderen.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
ZAMBIA

Second that. I have hunted Zambia for fifteen years and have hardly scratched the surface.

For your money best Lion, Sable, Roan, Sitatunga, L. Hartebeest, Puku, Crawshay's D. Waterbuck, Reedbuck, Oribi and a host of other notables.

Beauty of Zambia is that there are still large regions that remain unexplored or hunted. You drive off the hunting track into unchartered hinterlands.

You get to witness congregations of thousands of animals. Just like the old days.

Good choice Samir.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anywhere out of New Jersey would suit me just fine, lol.

Paul B

Posts: 58 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
It would have to be Tanzania for me.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I have seen Uganda mentioned several times. What is hunted in Uganda? I am not at all familiar with the hunting there?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Zambia. i have hunted Tz, RSA(X3), Moz(x2), Zim(x2), Bots, Nambia( going back there in Oct). don't really care to spend the money involved for CAR/Cameroon. if Andrew does a group AR hunt next year( BIG HINT), that should do it!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. Uganda buffalo
2. Angola just to go, waiting on R.W. to get this one open.
3. Ethiopia Omo Valley
4. Redneck 401K plan Texas Lotto, the big one to make the above 3 possible! Smiler

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
ZAMBIA

Second that. I have hunted Zambia for fifteen years and have hardly scratched the surface.

For your money best Lion, Sable, Roan, Sitatunga, L. Hartebeest, Puku, Crawshay's D. Waterbuck, Reedbuck, Oribi and a host of other notables.

Beauty of Zambia is that there are still large regions that remain unexplored or hunted. You drive off the hunting track into unchartered hinterlands.

You get to witness congregations of thousands of animals. Just like the old days.

Good choice Samir.

I've hunted all over Zambia - it is and always will be my favorite African country. As Andrew says, good choice!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mozambique is magic!
I have hunted S.A., Bots, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, Tanzania and the only place that compares to Mozambique is the delta of the Okavango ,really an absolutely wonderful place.

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopia, once they get out of the clouds with their wayyy high fees and 14 day minimums...What about a 5 day warthog/antelope hunt as part of an overall tour of that wonderful country??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopia...a 21-day hunt for one animal. The world record Mt. Nyala. Did it once but came up a few inches short. Might have to go back. The Mt. Nyala is Africa's greatest trophy.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana Moja, I don't know if it is the greatest but it sure has my attention for the next 10 months. They have reduced the time requirment for lic to 15 days.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
I've hunted Tanzania (Kilwa block South of the Selous), but would
love to hunt/see Masailand in Northern Tanzania. Gerenuk, Grant's &
Thompson Gazelle are tops on my list!

Would also like to hunt big ivory in Botswana before it closes. I'm
waiting to hear about some late season (Oct,Nov)
openings for this year?
Cats in Zambia would be third on my list. (maybe a big sable while I'm there!)

Actually, driven Red Grouse in Scotland would probably be my first
choice the more I think about it. So many choices!

Posts: 521 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tanzania and classic tent safari.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
1. Uganda buffalo
3. Ethiopia Omo Valley
4. Redneck 401K plan Texas Lotto, the big one to make the above 3 possible! Smiler

SE Angola would be just below Moz on my list..who is R.W.?

Posts: 1915 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indi:
Mozambique is magic!
I have hunted S.A., Bots, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, Tanzania and the only place that compares to Mozambique is the delta of the Okavango ,really an absolutely wonderful place.

Indi...what areas have you hunted in Moz?

Posts: 1915 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari2 - i hunted Cabo Delgado province very close to Niassa and in the delta of the zambeze.
Two different systems but both beautiful.
I love the country , the people, the real hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHINA

Posts: 142 | Location: Hidalgo, Texas /Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: 12 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
21+ day Tanzania if I ever win the lottery...

Posts: 35 | Location: KS | Registered: 05 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Safari2 - i hunted Cabo Delgado province very close to Niassa and in the delta of the zambeze.
Two different systems but both beautiful.
I love the country , the people, the real hunt.

When were you there?

I am going to the area between Gorongosa NP and Coutada 10 next October.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2003/2011/2012
Which animals are you hunting?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
2003/2011/2012
Which animals are you hunting?

Eland, reedbuck and oribi...mainly looking for an excuse to go to Moz...also want to see Gorongosa while I am there..camp is on the eastern boundary.

What areas/animals in 2011 & 2012 may I ask.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
1. Uganda buffalo
3. Ethiopia Omo Valley

SE Angola would be just below Moz on my list..who is R.W.?

Duh??? Brain Fart I guess R.W.??? The one and only Roger Whittall of course. I dont know if they are still actively pursing the area in Angola or not? Alot of talk back in 09' but it did not come together...havent heard much since.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2011 - lion, elephant, buffalo, eland and warthog & bates
2012 - buffalo, sable, blue duiker, oribi and warthog

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Moja:
Ethiopia...a 21-day hunt for one animal. The world record Mt. Nyala. Did it once but came up a few inches short. Might have to go back. The Mt. Nyala is Africa's greatest trophy.

i thought i read here that you had quit hunting, sold your rifles, and moved on to other pursuits. guess i shouldn't believe everything i read...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the Africa bug 10 years ago and have been 6 times and it is the only place I have traveled to internationally to hunt. I have all ways talked about all the place I would like to goto hunt but just kept putting it off. In the last year 3 friends that I went to high school with and were in better health than I am dropped dead, I am 49 to give you context. So, I am going to start to hit all those places I have all ways talked about going. Of course every African country that has hunting is on the list.

1. England for roebuck and muntjac (booked for August of this year)
2. Alberta for bear (looking at going spring 2014)
3. Argentina for red stag (spring 2015)
4. Australia and New Zealand just because

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
China for Takin-two species

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I've only hunted in a few countries, so my money-is-no-object short list is:

CAR
Zambia

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote