Tools

Tanzania tells France
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Don't ban Lion trophy imports

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/Ne...kvaknuz/-/index.html

You need to read this and send it on. Tanzania has done everything to support and sustain regulated Lion hunting. And France has bypassed CITIES and the EU studies and recommendations for Tanzania, Zambia and Mozambique.

More important is the decline of wildlife due to lack of finance derived from safari hunting and that this activity is the major contributor to conservation.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9901 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The West, in general, are unwittingly helping the bloody Chinese in supporting poaching and eliminating wildlife in Africa!

It never stops, their stupid attitude is "we know what is better for you than you do"! Mad

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67392 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It never stops, their stupid attitude is "we know what is better for you than you do"!

I'm quite sure that is a lot of it, but I think it is more emotional, it makes them feel good to think they saved something.
Maybe even find a way to make some money off of it along the way.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

It never stops, their stupid attitude is "we know what is better for you than you do"! Mad

I wish I could disagree. Worse yet, we advocate for participation in international groups and not standing alone on issues but standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the international community. So we participate in a group like CITES . . . but then proceed to reject the conclusions of the international community because we know better . . . making us duplicitous as well.

Mike

Posts: 21374 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

You need to read this and send it on. Tanzania has done everything to support and sustain regulated Lion hunting. And France has bypassed CITIES and the EU studies and recommendations for Tanzania, Zambia and Mozambique.

More important is the decline of wildlife due to lack of finance derived from safari hunting and that this activity is the major contributor to conservation.

Andrew,
While I am in full support of NOT banning lion imports and work diligently to fight closure...the fair and balanced news is that Tanzania was drug to where it is today kicking and screaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36840 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

I wish I could disagree. Worse yet, we advocate for participation in international groups and not standing alone on issues but standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the international community. So we participate in a group like CITES . . . but then proceed to reject the conclusions of the international community because we know better . . . making us duplicitous as well.

Mike - Isn't that the democratic way? Don't worry folks, we know what's best for you - we'll take care of it for ya. Your simple mind can't grasp the concept, so we got ya covered!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
The West, in general, are unwittingly helping the bloody Chinese in supporting poaching and eliminating wildlife in Africa!

Aint that the truth !

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not that it doesn't happen across the board in some regards, but that absolutely is the liberal creed.

If I had $20 for every time I had said that same thing over the past 25 years we could both go on safari.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
quote:
It never stops, their stupid attitude is "we know what is better for you than you do"!

I'm quite sure that is a lot of it, but I think it is more emotional, it makes them feel good to think they saved something.
Maybe even find a way to make some money off of it along the way.

Unfortunately it becomes a self-fulling prophecy. Ban hunting and imports in the name of animal welfare and conservation, and when numbers drop at an accelerated rate post-ban, the conclusion is “had we just implemented the ban sooner, we wouldn’t be in such a dire situation – so let’s not make that mistake again”

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
It is encouraging to see an African Government take a stance. Maybe the way forward is indeed from Africa at a grass roots level?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9901 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The anti's goal is to stop hunting no matter what.

If it destroys the animals they don't care they have stopped hunting.

It also fits into their anti firearms role no hunting no need to own lots of firearms.

They work hand and hand

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed,
I fully agree with you on this.
It is no different than OPEC and the West giving Saudi Arabia a free pass to destroy the energy business while attempting to bankrupt Iran and Russia.

Posts: 10264 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is encouraging to see an African Government take a stance. Maybe the way forward is indeed from Africa at a grass roots level?

My friend there is a whole undercurrent driving this TZ to France statement that has nothing to do with a "grass roots movement" and everything to do with money.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36840 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ledvm,
Everything has to do with money...
Sad but reality.

Posts: 10264 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Ledvm,
Everything has to do with money...
Sad but reality.

You are preaching to the choir here sir. As a child...my Dad drilled the Golden Rule into my head.

The Golden Rule: "He who has the gold...makes the rules."

So to clarify Dogcat...if you want to understand my statement...follow this old adage as well. Follow the money! Then all will become clear as to what I was eluding to.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Andrew,
While I am in full support of NOT banning lion imports and work diligently to fight closure...the fair and balanced news is that Tanzania was drug to where it is today kicking and screaming.
You 'fight closure' - but hail Craig Packer - who proactively and deliberately assists that same closure???

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was not aware that France was considered the west, or possibly it never occurred to me. Could someone clarify this please?

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it's sorta west of Germany so...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
quote:

Andrew,
You 'fight closure' - but hail Craig Packer - who proactively and deliberately assists that same closure???

Alas...you will never learn! 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Full Roar:

I was not aware that France was considered the west, or possibly it never occurred to me. Could someone clarify this please?
It sure isn't the East!!!

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Andrew,

Well is he the one USFWS listens to or not?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Full Roar:

It sure isn't the East!!!

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Andrew,

Well is he the one USFWS listens to or not?

You are correct my friend! That is why I tried to put him squarely on our side before SCI alienated him...hence my words...you will never learn.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you screwed-up pretty badly there Lane - you backed the wrong horse with Packer.

Would you care to detail your interactions with SCI over this LCTF business?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think you screwed-up pretty badly there Lane - you backed the wrong horse with Packer.

Would you care to detail your interactions with SCI over this LCTF business?

I have detailed it many time Matt. How many times does it take for you to grasp it???

And...I did not back any horse...I was doing what was right for conservation and hunting. Only SCI screwed up.

And this is from someone who hunted ele earlier this year hoping USF&W would lift the ivory ban!

I tell you what Matt! Why don't you fix the problems in your own country where ivory import has been impossible for quite some time. A country that also bans lion import...AND a country with significant gun control which under took confiscation! Matt you LOST in your country! So don't be pretending you know a G-d damn thing and bring our country down to your level. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Lane - I do know about your bullshit meetings with 'SCI'.

Nice deflection on the Australia bit - but yes wildlife 'bans', prohibitions are very, very difficult, often impossible to overturn.

Guns? I own very many guns and have never lost one to a confiscation. Legal firearm ownership in Australia grows every year!! Hunter numbers in Australia - up, up, up... always UP.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Lane - I do know about your bullshit meetings with 'SCI'.

Nice deflection on the Australia bit - but yes wildlife 'bans', prohibitions are very, very difficult, often impossible to overturn.

Guns? I own very many guns and have never lost one to a confiscation. Legal firearm ownership in Australia grows every year!! Hunter numbers in Australia - up, up, up... always UP.

Enlighten us on my bullshit meetings Matt! I am all ears!!!

Then tell us how many Benelli Super Balck Eagles you own or Browning A5s or 1911's or AR's. Australia is a very tightly "controlled" country.

The fact is...all of my correspondence with SCI was via e-mail, I never stated anywhere that we had a face-to-face except at the Banovich invitational only meeting in which Packer was the guest speaker and LCTF was invited (Aaron and I both attended).

I have all of the e-mail correspondence saved so go ahead and enlighten us about me.

SCI did string us along eluding to a meeting about "the Definition"...but one never materialized. In fact...they just cut-off communication. Then...when we (LCTF) failed to bring SCI on board...we lost Packer, Begg, and Hunter's support...subsequently we lost the interest of USF&WS.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emails, failed meetings? That sounds like you f'd-up Lane. Roll Eyes

Happy to engage you on Australian politics on another board - I am very active and quite conversant in that area!! tu2

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Happy to engage you on Australian politics on another board - I am very active and quite conversant in that area!! tu2

I stay out of Australia politics. You should do the same with the USA as you don't understand it all!

In regards to me f@cking up...well I sleep better at night knowing I tried. And...had SCI had more than 2 brain cells at the helm...we probably would have succeeded.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your efforts don't go unnoticed or unappreciated and that includes many more members and their contributions.

I say good job to all who go above and beyond

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, I think you & Aaron did an admirable job.
I doubt Matt will care, but if I ever make it to hunt in Australia, it sure won't be with him.
Entirely too arrogant for me.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Matt. Physical evidence (emails, etc) needs to be posted showing SCI's lack of brain cells on this. At this point Lane just seems like a Packer fanboy and defending everything he has done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I stay out of Australia politics. You should do the same with the USA as you don't understand it all!

In regards to me f@cking up...well I sleep better at night knowing I tried. And...had SCI had more than 2 brain cells at the helm...we probably would have succeeded.

Don't waste your time Lane. Matt reminds me a lot of Trax who is the only person from AR to make my ignore list.

Just a troll - they make a lot of them down under.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

SCI is an international organisation - with Chapters around the world. It is far from perfect - but they 'have a go'.

quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
Lane, I think you & Aaron did an admirable job.
I doubt Matt will care, but if I ever make it to hunt in Australia, it sure won't be with him.
Entirely too arrogant for me.
Of course I care. I care enough to post my thoughts here, at risk of being blasted - because hunting means an awful lot to me and I don't just mean my livelihood. I guess many other outfitters are smarter than me and stay anonymous or don't post at all (we know they are members/readers here) - or simply don't engage with those who see fit to tear down hunting organisations and indeed other hunters. I cant blame them. My apologies if I have ruffled feathers.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

Administrator
posted Hide Post
SCI has done nothing but brought SHAME on hunters by pursuing a policy of MINE IS BIGGER than yours!

It has single handily created a whole bunch of criminal brigade of PHs and clients whose sole purpose is to achieve this.

And what is worse, for the past few years when hunters came under the microscope, SCI has managed to distance themselves from doing ANYTHING to support hunters!

What a bloody bunch of utter idiots we have running that organization!

Posts: 67392 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
SCI has done nothing but brought SHAME on hunters by pursuing a policy of MINE IS BIGGER than yours!

It has single handily created a whole bunch of criminal brigade of PHs and clients whose sole purpose is to achieve this.

And what is worse, for the past few years when hunters came under the microscope, SCI has managed to distance themselves from doing ANYTHING to support hunters!

What a bloody bunch of utter idiots we have running that organization!
All those outfitters attending SCI in February should hang their heads in shame. Roll Eyes

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Not all Matt.

But those who have an endless list of top SCI proudly displayed on their websites - with the same shameless, self glorifying idiots with big smiles.

The same people who have no clue what hunting actually is unless it glorifies their position among their elk in the SCI record book.

SCI has has lost the plot years ago, and have forgotten what a normal hunter enjoys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not all Matt.

But those who have an endless list of top SCI proudly displayed on their websites - with the same shameless, self glorifying idiots with big smiles.

The same people who have no clue what hunting actually is unless it glorifies their position among their elk in the SCI record book.

SCI has has lost the plot years ago, and have forgotten what a normal hunter enjoys.
Maybe a couple of outfitters I can think of... nothing more.

You are jumping at shadows.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe a couple of the bona-fide ones .... you can tell them apart from all the rest with brown noses. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Maybe a couple of the bona-fide ones .... you can tell them apart from all the rest with brown noses. Big Grin
Absolutely. A few booking agents too.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff32:
I agree with Matt. Physical evidence (emails, etc) needs to be posted showing SCI's lack of brain cells on this. At this point Lane just seems like a Packer fanboy and defending everything he has done.

Jeff,

Having negotiated the corporate legal world successfully for a quarter century now and doing a fair amount of legal work in the form of expert testimony...I am pretty savvy on what is kosher legally to do and not to do. And...thus far...I have seen no evidence to refute anything I have said...because it is the truth. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
PS: I will add...in regards to Craig Packer...he wants the hunting blocks to succeed in TZ. Can you not infer that from the e-mail I posted.

He is well versed in Africa 9.0. He knows that hunting blocks equal habitat...lions need habitat and lots of it. He knows without game...hunting blocks are worthless and what does not pay does not stay. He knows that hunting blocks devoid of game will eventually have cattle and people on them which means NO LIONS ever to return.

At the same time...he knows that those blocks must also follow sustainable off-take and provide anti-poaching.

He is actually a quite reasonable and non-emotional scientist. We could have worked with the man and my opinion is that we would have been better off.

J. Lane Easter, DVM