THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Suggestions for Safari Minded Stops in New York City

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for Safari Minded Stops in New York City
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted
I am leaving tomorrow for my first visit to New York City. I am already planning to visit Holland & Holland, so if anyone has requests for guns they would like me to oogle for them I will oogle extra long. I am wondering if there are any more safari, Africana, or DG rifle hot spots that are must sees for safari/African nuts like me? I am taking the train in from Western New York, so I don't think I'll be leaving the NYC area. There doesn't seem to be many other spots around.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a visit to the Explorers club or the American Museum of Natural History.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
South Bronx. Get some interaction with the natives in.

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holland and Holland

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I am already going to H&H and the Museum of Natural History. I am checking out the Explorer Club. Any more?

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out the Berretta Gallery and doesn't Griffon and Howe still have a store there as well.

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems that Trump's son and some other dude have an upscale fly-fishing/hunting store in NYC. Anybody remember the name. I just remember the Dangerous Game episodes with, I think, Don Jr.???

David

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go by and see Doug at CameraLand

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on Geoff's suggestion of the American Museum of Natural History - specifically their Giant Sable display.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x2mosg:
Seems that Trump's son and some other dude have an upscale fly-fishing/hunting store in NYC. Anybody remember the name. I just remember the Dangerous Game episodes with, I think, Don Jr.???

David

I think he's a friend of the guy that owns Dewing's Fly & Gun Shop, but it's in West Palm Beach, FL. I don't think they have a store in NYC.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response. Have a good holiday weekend all!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson