Notify
Tools

A few Africana flicks on NetFlix...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
Mods feel free to delete or move.

There are a few interesting movies on Netflix for those looking for a taste of Africa from the past:
- Both of the Allan Quartermain movies; think Indiana Jones filmed in Zimbabwe
- Rhodes of Africa
- Bwana Devil; old school "Ghost in the Darkness" with cheeky lions who, apparently, either hate railroads or love Indian food
- Simba; Mau-Mau Rebellion

Enjoy.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I tried watching the Richard Chamberlain version of Allan Quartermain but gave uo after 20 minutes. It was REAL bad

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
I tried watching the Richard Chamberlain version of Allan Quartermain but gave uo after 20 minutes. It was REAL bad

Richard Chamberlain was more into hunting gerbils. He's just NOT believable as a macho guy in Africa.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm watching King Solomon's Mines on Netflix right now. I watched Zulu last week.

Mind you these are on Canadian Netflix, not sure if they're on the US site or not.

It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters - It's the caliber of the man behind it.