Find
Notify
Tools

HARRY BLACK AND THE TIGER
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
Ok Moderators, apologies in advance for posting here, but I thought this would get more exposure than on some obscure forum. I'm looking for subject movie starring Stewart Granger. I use to see it on tv all the time growing up but it has disappeared. Internet search reveals only PALS versions so they are unsuable here in the States. Tried NetFlix, Turner Classice, everywhere and no joy. Can somebody help? Smiler

PS: There are some nice doubles involved...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I can't help with a DVD, but here is the link to the film on IMDB.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051702/

I'd like to see it.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve, I've ordered it. Looks worthwhile.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve! How did you find it. I tried an internet search and all I could find was the Euro version on Amazon. This place is great!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
We already knew where it was as we'd stumbled across it when adding books/DVDs for the shakariconnection.com site. Which (in an unashamed plug! rotflmo ) incidentally is now one of the biggest new and used source for Africa and African hunting related books (plus some DVDs etc) on the net.

The idea of the book section is that the (affiliate) sales pays for the rest of the site but the problem is we both love books and seem to spend as much as we make by buying books off of our own site! rotflmo

As always a pleasure to help. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw it once on tv 40 years ago, and have never seen it here since ,seems the ''Do Gooders'' here didnt like it

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, this is weird. I ordered the film, and sure enough a case labelled "Harry Black and the Tiger" came today, containing a disc labeled the same. Imagine my surprise when I put it on my player, and up came a bizarre 1941 football movie called "Harmon of Michigan."
While mildly interesting, not quite what I'd ordered. Dang.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Marty

I bet there's some poor bugger somewhere thinking "I didn't know Stewart Granger played football" animal

Sounds like they've cocked it up buddy. I'd send it back and have them send me the right one if I were you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite Stewart Granger Movies. I think I was maybe 6 when I saw it for the first time at the theater. For some odd reason I had to have a 375!! I did but I was a lot older that 6 when I gotten one. Good movie for a rainy Sunday Afternoon. For some reason they don't run it on the tube like they use to. I hadn't seen it in a good 40 years. Come to think of it, they don't run any of Stewarts movies a whole lot, not like the use to.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote