THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    New DVD from Mark Sullivan (03-2014): Death in Full-Charge

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New DVD from Mark Sullivan (03-2014): Death in Full-Charge
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi friends,

today I get the new DVD from Mark Sullivan.
Death in Full-Charge.

I look now for some minutes and it is great material.
I will show them in the next days complete.

Did some of you have this DVD?

Best wishes.

The Bock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is an first impression...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The quality of the footage is outstanding.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Let the games begin.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark gave me a copy of it while bird hunting in Florida. Well done.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
OH Good! Another fireworks show about to begin. And it's not even The 4th of July!!

popcorn

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I see that all the usual sycophants, ass-kissers, backscratchers, backslappers, bootlickers, fawners, flatterers, flunkeys, groupies, lackeys, apple polishers, toadys, brownnosers, doters, kiss-ups and yes-persons have shown up. So let me make myself perfectly at home. I thought the DVD was excellent and the cat footage in Blu-ray is outstanding. Dangerous game hunting as it was meant to be done.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see that all the usual sycophants, ass-kissers, backscratchers, backslappers, bootlickers, fawners, flatterers, flunkeys, groupies, lackeys, apple polishers, toadys, brownnosers, doters, kiss-ups and yes-persons have shown up

Thank you Mike.

You put much better than I would have clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Was only a matter of time until you referred to anyone posting anything positive in those or similar terms. What you do not seem to appreciate is that there are many that identify with Mark's style of hunting and prefer to do their dangerous game hunting up close and personal. The DVD reflects that style of hunting as opposed to other footage that makes the rounds that reflects an altogether different, much less gratifying approach. Unfortunately those that prefer the latter style of hide and snipe hunting, to address some sense of inadequacy on their own part apparently, react by being overly critical of the former style of hunting. The good news is that is painfully obvious to everyone what is going on.

Read the quote that I added below from Jim Corbett. Corbett, Pretorius and others understand the essence of dangerous game hunting. I would much rather say that I have shot one buffalo on a proper hunt, up close, than say I have shot hundreds of buffalo with a scoped rifle from behind a tree. Surely you can appreciate that the richer the experience the more satisfying the memory.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I see that all the usual sycophants, ass-kissers, backscratchers, backslappers, bootlickers, fawners, flatterers, flunkeys, groupies, lackeys, apple polishers, toadys, brownnosers, doters, kiss-ups and yes-persons have shown up. So let me make myself perfectly at home. I thought the DVD was excellent and the cat footage in Blu-ray is outstanding. Dangerous game hunting as it was meant to be done.

Sell-Out. Missed one!!

wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have personally seen hundreds of hunting videos. This video, IMHO, has the highest quality footage I have ever seen and not by a little bit. This has nothing to do with whether or not one agrees with the MS hunting style. The footage of the male lion sounding off as it was trotting was particularly good as was the video of the leopard walking by the camera.

I wonder what type of camera was used?

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Mark Sullivan actually guide people on hunts anymore or does he spend all his time just getting animals to charge him? I think that's where the money is.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since we haven't had a good pissin match in a few weeks.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope I have some time this week to watch it in Blu-Ray along with Sunset On Botswana tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Bock,

It is a fabulous DVD and the Blu-ray is unbelievable, as many have said on this thread and others. The hunting is excellent and the charges that occurred are spectacular. Looking forward to hear what you think as well.

Cheers,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 376 steyr:
Does Mark Sullivan actually guide people on hunts anymore or does he spend all his time just getting animals to charge him? I think that's where the money is.

The money is in getting nitwits to pay you and let you shoot their animals clap

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

My hunts with Mark have not ended with Mark killing my animals. Perhaps you are intentionally painting with a brush that is too wide to make up for something?

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Corbett, Pretorius and others understand the essence of dangerous game hunting.

Mr. Corbett successfully shot big cats with his 7x57,
which instills more danger than cowardly using a big-bore double.... stir

The likes of Pretorious and Selous operating as a partisans/scouts,
meant they faced more constant risk and danger to life from their involvement in the campaign against the Germans
behind enemy lines..... - A German sniper bullet killed Selous [on the mission he replaced Pretorious on]

I would not at all put the risk & bravery Sullivan brags-boasts of, anywhere near in the class of Selous and Pretorious.

quote:

Unfortunately those that prefer the latter style of hide and snipe hunting, to address some sense of inadequacy on their own part apparently, react by being overly critical of the former style of hunting.

Current military personel are accoladed for pulling off their great sniper shots, so why not also people who hunt at longer ranges?
Selous and other scouts operating behind enemy lines, were shot & killed by snipers.
PH, Mr.Capstick - writes that they must have been excellent bushmen and marksmen that the Germans had,
to be able to pull off such one shot kills in the dark of night,over distance.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

My hunts with Mark have not ended with Mark killing my animals. Perhaps you are intentionally painting with a brush that is too wide to make up for something?

Then who pays for all the animals he does shoot?

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Death at Full Charge? I seriously doubt it.

How about Death at Half Price? Wink

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had ask Mark about his filming and the cameras witch he used to make this great DVD.
Here is the answere:

Dear F.:

You asked me about the camera I used in making Death in Full-Charge. Since I am not a "camera-guy" I can only tell you it was a Sony HD that used two 32GB memory cards instead of digital tape.

Each night my son Shawn, who did all the filming, would download the footage onto a hard-drive. Afterwards, we would edit the footage and give copies to the client. I think I paid around $8,000 for everything.

You can pay a lot more but it is not so much the camera as it is the cameraman! My son Shawn proved to be the finest cameraman I have ever used.

Mark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where can you buy the DVD?

Posts: 29 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 10 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where can you buy the DVD?

You have some possibilitys, maybe by Mark directly at his homepage oder here by Express Yourself.

Best wishes.

The Bock.

One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
I thought Saeed was going to pick up sole North American distribution rights for all of Mark's DVDs. You should shoot him a PM with your order! Smiler

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 378 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
oops. double tap

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 378 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macs B:
I thought Saeed was going to pick up sole North American distribution rights for all of Mark's DVDs. You should shoot him a PM with your order! Smiler

It is very hard to compete with the "tabloid" sellers!

You know, tabloids, which are full of useless articles that are "based" on truth but are so far removed from it, are sold at every cash counter rotflmo