New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new DVD arrived
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After almost 8 months, the DVD of my last safari finally arrived. I went to the office after flying back from Vegas to find the DVD on my desk.

My initial reaction was one of concern. The cover SUCKS!!!! Regardless, I took it home. I couldn't wait to watch it.

Thank goodness the DVD is better than the cover. Once again, Osprey did an excellent job.

Some of the more memorable things are as follows:

1- I put an insurance shot into the first buff with my 500 NE. It was very clear on camera. If anyone has ever had any doubt of the power of a 500 NE, trust me, this clip would erase any doubt. Damn that thing rocked the hell out of the buff.

2- There is some pretty good lion footage.

3- I shot a crippled elephant up close and personal in thick stuff with the 500 NE. I shot hum twice pretty quickly. It is amazing how fast I was able to get off a second shot with the 500 NE. He was brained with the first shot. I got the second in before he hit the ground!

4- The second elephant was very intense. I knocked it down with the first shot. I put in an insurance shot. Then all hell broke loose. Quite exciting.

Well done Osprey!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Come on Larry, send me a copy! I would love to see that second elephant. Glad your happy with it, it is a great way to create a memory.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
looking forward to all updates.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
If part of that on Hunt Geo is the same footage, I definitely enjoyed it...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tim.

The footage on line is from Botswana. This DVD is from Zim.
This has 4 buff , 2 elephants and a waterbuck.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
excellent- hope to see that too!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I trade you mine for yours.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff:

That can be arranged.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry
your last video was much watched, would be interested in a copy of the new one.
I know you were covered up with requests for the last one.
Would be willing to trade for $$
Ravenr

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I gave away thousands last time I did it. It became a full time job. I will think about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By the way, I missed one of the notable portions. The cameraman captured the charter plane taking out an impala on landing!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Larry - hope the 'incident' on the strip was the last of your bad luck with small planes!

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Great news Larry

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would love to see it Larry, always like seeing your DVD's.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The cameraman captured the charter plane taking out an impala on landing

I would like to see that. I've seen whitetails, mule deer and pronghorn clipped by my bumper but not by a plane yet!

That had to be an OH SH*T moment!!

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not for me. I was on the ground thankfully. The "oh shit" moments for me were take off and landing after the accident.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still enjoying your last video - as do many of my friends.
It would be fantastic if you were to release your latest footage.

Posts: 463 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I really enjoyed your last one.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MANDLAZIM:
Good stuff Larry - hope the 'incident' on the strip was the last of your bad luck with small planes!

Me too! I will bet that Giles hates to see my name with all of the issues. It seems as if one of his planes is going to have a problem it is when I have chartered it.

While the impala incident generated a lot of laughs, it could have been a serious situation.