Find
Notify
Tools

Back from Namibia-PICS ADDED
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
AKJD,
I'm also hunting w/Vaughan in August, the 1st-10th. I'm living off these hunt reports also. I'm actually enjoying the wait right now. Piecing together all the gear on my packing list and getting loads worked up for a new rifle I'm taking. I'm sure the last 2-3 weeks will be pure agony.

I'll try to leave a few critters for you....

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
At least a couple would be appreciated. Big Grin I've had my gear together for a while, gave me something to do last winter when it hit -50. I start on August 11th so its likely we'll cross paths.

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Mike,

Nope, never got the pics ???

Oh, and by the way, you better not run for public office anytime soon.

Paying a lady to take naked pictures of her? This could come back to haunt a politician! She is even holding the money in the photo!

Wendell, I resent the photos to you. Let me know if you got them.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well done Mike, looks like you had a great time & some nice trophies to remember it by.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
You have a PM,

Thanks,
Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Great photographs. I just returned from Vaughan's concession after a successful hunt yesterday. I will post pictures when I have a chance. I got to see your gemsbok horns first hand when I was there and they are quite impressive. I managed a 38"-40" gemsbok, which I thought was a dandy, but yours took the cake!

As for travel time to the concession, it took us about 7.5 hours going up, but we stopped several times including one long stop for lunch. However, coming back, we did it in 5.5 hours.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Welcome back. It sounds like you took a great Gemsbok. I sent you a PM

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I just wanted to mention that Vaughan spends an awful lot of time on the road and out in the bush. Because of that it can be difficult to contact him directly. I would suggest that if you're interested in hunting with Vaughan that you get ahold of our own Wendell, at http://www.huntersquest.com Wendell is a straight talking, straight shooting guy. You won't pay any more, by booking through him, and he's usually easy to get ahold of.

By the way, I just heard that Vaughan's hunter just took a nice bull Elephant on his Caprivi concession. No details yet, but when I get them, I'll post it here.