Find
Notify
Tools

Who Books for Lloyd Yateman?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Anybody know who books for Lloyd Yateman or his direct contact information in Zimbabwe?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I booked in '05 it was Blair Worldwide Hunting, out of AZ. Didn't know Lloyd was still hunting. He separated with Nixon Dzingai, and Mad Bob stole his farm, now Nixon is hunting his old concessions. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope this helps.

Posts: 200 | Location: Garner, TX | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
FYI I read a bad review from "Ripp" at nitroexpress.com

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
FYI I read a bad review from "Ripp" at nitroexpress.com

Is it possible to post the link?

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lloyd Yateman

- Someone I would NOT GO WITH is a guy by the name of Lloyd Yateman--he has a bad reputation among those in his profession--his brother Kent is another blow hole I would run away from..Together they run a horrible operation. totally mismanaged--poor equipment --and all around untruthful about almost everything.

Their equipment was in very, very poor shape--when I hunted with them in 2004 I was with 2 other hunters--one of the hunters had to sit in his hut the first 3 days--because the clutch was out of one of the vehicles--

Every day we had to push to vehicles to get them started..the trackers complained to me about not being paid since the last hunt--told me that they would only work GOOD if I paid them some money on the side--It was my FIRST African experience and it was a horrible experience at that

Ripp

He has some good reports on huntingreport.com

Contact info.

Outfitter (or safari company): Chipimbi Safaris. PO Box 400; Chiredzi; Zimbabwe; Fax: 011-26-331-2392; Email: chipimbi@africaonline.co.zw;
Personal Guide (if any): Lloyd Yeatman ?? Sp ?
Booking Agent (if any): Jeff Blair; Blair Worldwide Hunting. P. O. Box 3088; Flagstaff; AZ; 86003; Tel. 800-338-5252; Fax: 928-779-2429;Web www.blairworldwide.com

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I love AR, thanks Anton.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen either of them in years. A couple of members who used to post here had a bad run 3/4 years back- I met them at the airport- their PH hadn't turned up...My client was on the next flight. I bought them lunch and phoned the company...yes yes, truck was on its way..My client arrived and I stalled a bit..bought a round of drinks and called again...same answer..eventually had to leave.

Saw them again at the airport when I was dropping my client off- talk about faces like wildebeest Wink There are MANY better operators in Zim IMHO.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Scott Contact Jack D Bold, i believe his friend had a good hunt with him this year. I did see his camp, looked real nice to me. Don't know him and never met him.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met Lloyd and his wife last year while hunting with SSG safaris. He seemed like a nice guy. He was hunting at that time next to SSG. I understand his area does not have very much water.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Lloyd is booking on his own now. He can be reached at http://www.shanganisafaris.com

I hunted with him for 6 days last March. Lloyd's camp and equipment was top notch. I would not hesitate to hunt with him again.

Naivashu safari area borders Nixon's on the south, Jannie's to the north, Gonerezhou is to the east. We saw daytime leopard, lot's of buffalo and ele. In addition to DG, Lloyd has pretty good plains game, including sable.

The elephant hunting in that area is IMO opinion the best kept secret in all of africa. 60 plus can be expected, 84 was the largest taken 2 seasons back. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of ivory as well.

Please PM me if you need any more info.

Good hunting

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote