New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about DSC
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My wife and I are going to the DSC for the first time. For those who have been there, what do you wear--business casual or whatever? Do you dress differently for the evening events?

What's the best way to get from the DFW airport to downtown (I'm staying at the Omni next to the convention center), cab or limo?

This is a scheme my PH and I cooked up. My wife is very anti-hunting and very citified. We hope that when she sees how gentlemanly the guys from Zim are, some of her objections to my going will fade away. This actually worked before my first safari to RSA in 2006. I went with her blessing (mostly).

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Comfortable clothes-especially shoes-you will walk a lot.
Cabs always work for me.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Indy,

There are commercial shuttles leaving every few minutes for the hotels and downtown. I think last year we paid about $20.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Most of the attendees showed up in "black tie" at the banquets at the only DSC convention I attended. At the exhibition hall during the day, anything goes.

Bill

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
It's Texas . . . jeans are fine.

I typically wear jeans and a blazer (not a Blaser). Most men wear casual clothes. Lots of jeans. Lots of khakis.

My wife dresses up more than I do. Typically showing off her new finery from Christmas. There will be lots of well dressed ladies there.

I've only been to one DSC evening event and the dress ranged from Black Tie to Yellow Coat (the Midway Shooting Supply guys) to jeans.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Indy casual clothes are fine for most events dinner events. The is the one where all are dressed up.
You can get a limo or super shuttle. And you can walk across the walkway to the convention center daily.

www.supershuttle.com

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year I went to the weds night dinner, and the life member breakfast. My wife went to the ladies luncheon. She had a blast. I liked the weds night dinner because it was realy low key. I think the dress that night is cowboy wear. I havent gone to any of the other dinners.
As for the show I wear blue jeans and T-shirts.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,guys.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indy
You will enjoy this show, and we will look forward to seeing you there.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
In that city (which I like to call Fort Worth/Dallas) you can pretty much go anywhere in jeans, boots, and a sport coat.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
jeans, boots, and a sport coat.

Also known as Texas (or Paso Robles) formal wear Wink

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote