THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    African Events Hunting Expo - Orlando

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Events Hunting Expo - Orlando
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted
Folks,

As some of you may know African Hunting Gazette and African Hunt Expo will host a boutique show in Orlando on February 13th and 14th this year.

Now we all know about the controversy surrounding hotels (Notably the Hilton) withdrawing their venues for these events...

I'm curious if any AR members plan on visiting the show in Orlando?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best,

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in Orlando and never heard of it.

Posts: 12018 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I live in Orlando and never heard of it.

Thank you Larry,

This is one of my concerns.

I don't know what is being done to promote the show. My understanding was that the local Chapter of SCI was involved and supported the show.

Best

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris:

There is no local chapter. It folded a few years back.

Posts: 12018 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same here. Never heard of it.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
I've just reread earlier correspondence from the organizers and have to correct myself...

It is not the local chapter that is involved.

There's however a quote from exhibitor and owner of Custom Ammunition and SCI President Tampa FL Chapter (Jimmy Moreland) in the promotional material reading:

"A lot - and I mean there are a lot of hunters in Florida that hunt in Africa, so I want to see this Expo succeed and become an annual event for our state, so I'll do what I can to help this get off the ground."

I misinterpreted this as SCI being involved.

Anyway; good to know. Thanks Jeff and Larry.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
First I've heard of it too, but I'll try and attend. Was sorry to see the Atlanta show peter out, but this is closer.

Edit: Just checked their website and only 5 exhibitors listed. It will take a few more to entice me to brave the Orlando traffic.

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris
I was very disappointed with them and their marketing last year. I hope this year is better but I can't afford to pay HUGE dollars for a show and have +-90 people through the door over 3 days.
I wish you the very best and hope this year is different but my Calgary Saskatoon fiasco experience with them last year is still burning me hard
Regards

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
Hi Chris
I was very disappointed with them and their marketing last year. I hope this year is better but I can't afford to pay HUGE dollars for a show and have +-90 people through the door over 3 days.
I wish you the very best and hope this year is different but my Calgary Saskatoon fiasco experience with them last year is still burning me hard
Regards

Dave,

We're on the same page there buddy. Like you said last year - "You can have the best product in the world but that means nothing if there aren't anybody to sell it to."

This is why I was interested in knowing who "knows" about the Orlando show. From the response here - not many (if any)...

Don't know what they're doing to market the show and they're not telling me either so the show is a "no go" for me.

I hope it works out for the 7 Outfitters who apparently did commit.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com