THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Reliable Namibian Dip & Ship Company

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reliable Namibian Dip & Ship Company
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted
We are headed for Namibia in a few months and looking for a reliable Dip and Ship company for our trophies. Other than Reiser, can anyone recommend a reputable and dependable company that you have had good experiences with? In addition has anyone heard or used Trophy Hunting Namibia for dip & ship?
Thank you for all your responses,

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would stay away from IFN.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Pronto Global Air & Ocean Freight.
Peter DeVilliers runs it.
I had good luck dealing with him when he ran IFN in 2009.
IFN went downhill after he left.JMHO

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i used pronto. they did a good job for me.

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Otjandaue Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Pronto is very good and the nice thing is you can work with Peter personally. I do their dipping for them for hunting ranches in my area and they also ship the finished trophies from my taxidermy for me and I've never had a problem with them. You can ask for an estimate in advance if you would like to know what the shipping should be roughly about. Tell him the animals you would like to take and let him work out a sea freight cost and air freight.

If you want me to make you an price on the dipping part let me know, you can mail me at otjandaue@iway.na

Posts: 70 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter is an easy man to work with. I had great luck with him

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Simone and Peter de Villers at Pronto.
Exellent service and quick to respond wathever issue that might pop up

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted Hide Post
Thank you all very much for the input, it sounds like Pronto has a good track record. I think I'll get in touch with him, what was the approximate turn around time to get the hides back to the states? Thanks again for the help?

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Peter de Villiers | Pronto Global Air &
posted Hide Post
Thanks All! The support is much appreciated!
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at peter@prontoglobalfreight.com
tu2

Peter de Villiers
peter@prontoglobalfreight.com
+264 81 637 4666

Posts: 2 | Location: Windhoek, Namibia | Registered: 24 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter did a good job for me when I had a real cluster with my elephant. Another vote for him. I will tell any agent you had best have good communication with your clients, and no bullshit. You never know who is connected and has more information than you think. Peter was upfront with me. More than I can say for some others.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Peter de Villiers | Pronto Global Air &
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post Mike!!

Peter de Villiers
peter@prontoglobalfreight.com
+264 81 637 4666

Posts: 2 | Location: Windhoek, Namibia | Registered: 24 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Pam Foerster at International Air Cargo Services for shipping. She is efficient and knows the "drill" She ships to Coppersmith in Dallas for me. I have visited her operation and know her personally. E-mail is: pam-iacs@mweb.com.na

Manfred Egerer at Nyati Wildlife Art -a taxidermy shop can handle any additional processing or preparation needed and is located adjacent to IACS.

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stopckmaker:
I use Pam Foerster at International Air Cargo Services for shipping...

I had big trouble with Pam. She did not check the CITIES export permit numbers properly which almost caused me to lose my ivory.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Really Jack!! then why did you post an apology on AR 8 April 2009.......

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I used IFN in the past and not very impressed. I am using Pronto now. We will see if Peter can do better. I can tell you he responds to his emails promptly. Communication is not an issue with Pronto. I also think the government is a problem with rules changing regarding shipping of trophies.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Use PRONTO!

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Pronto this past time with Peter....Things take time in Africa. All my trophies have finally cleared USFW ,[no cites animals but wart hogs were involved]and are now at the my taxidermist here in the states. The paperwork that I received was 11 pages long. Everything from where my Ph had my hunting license,, the dip and ship taxidermist,, the Namibian Vet and several "Ministries of Wildlife etc permits" Pronto started the shipping process April 26th and it was shipped Delta air freight so it takes time!

Peter was good about emailing me a status of where the shipment was during the process which took over a month.

regardless of who you choose,remember,, it is Africa and they are on their own time

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote