THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Boddington on Elephant with IVAN CARTER, Coming Soon

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boddington on Elephant with IVAN CARTER, Coming Soon
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
Hey RIP, better get your copy on order - they start shipping in Nov! Big Grin

http://www.craigboddington.com/boddington-videos.htm

quote:
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:14 AM
Subject: Fall update from Craig Boddington

!!!!!!BODDINGTON ON ELEPHANT, COMING SOON (REAL SOON)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's any secret that we've been working on our Boddington On Elephant DVD production for the past several years. Post-production is almost completed, and we will be shipping DVDs in November. Thanks to several very courageous cameramen (and PH Ivan Carter!), I believe we have captured some of the most awesome hunting footage ever brought to the screen. I am very proud of our previous DVD productions, but there has never been anything like "BOE." Please take a moment to visit our website at www.craigboddington.com, and click on the short sample footage. There is nothing like a close encounter of the elephant kind!...
Of course Buzz Charlton's "Hunting the African Elephant" DVD is prerequisited viewing. Wink

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lot of different folks dinging eles.

That damn Ivan Carter is a risk taker for sure (but a hell of a nice guy).

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hunt with Ivan....but.....I want him to show me how to twirl a double first....that's why those elephant stop their charges....I haven't seen anything like that either. But I'm serious....he would be a LOT of fun to hunt with.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan rules. But...

...is he inducing the charges? Is it ethical?

Count me in!

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been following the progress of this project with a lot of interest. Paired with Buzz's videos, there will be a tremendous amount of info.

Bit of trivia...Ivan is nephew to Richard Harland (who also contributed to this project).

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Ivan's "show them the butt stock technique".

It does work, at least I can say it has worked for me, several times. I have had dirt kicked on me, but the elephant did stop.
They were really close, however... It is not for the faint of heart, but it is exciting.

Using the "IVAN TECHNIQUE" I have never failed to stop a charge, and I have not had to shoot an elephant that the PH did not want me to shoot.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judging from the preview they have some brilliant footage. It will be interesting to see what the arm chair critics have to say and even more interesting to see the look on PH's faces when the new client steps off the plane and says he wants to hunt Elephant the way Ivan and Craig did!! Some things are best left to experienced experts

Posts: 256 | Location: Africa | Registered: 26 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried that once and threw my 50k double into a swamp by mistake.Whoops

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve.....just had a visual of that.....THAT was funny.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The big stick and making your self as large as possible was taught to me when dealing with service dogs if they get loose on the training field or if the handler loses control of the dog while doing off-leash work. If the human has the correct temperment & presence it works, 98% of the time. Apparently it works for many animals. Eric Rundgren said if he stood his ground he could stare down a lion. But then he was Eric Rundgren. I wouldn't try it at home.

I'm selective about videos I choose to buy. I'm much more into the great books extant. I ordered this dvd tho.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
...is he inducing the charges? Is it ethical?

showbart...
thanks for your comments and i entirely understand where you are coming from ... i believe in frontal brain shots and close up ...while i have never and will never purposely induce a charge , many times just based on the close proximity of the animal when we approach , it results in the elephant coming towards us for a closer look ...most often this is a mock , but it can turn into the real deal in a hurry if you dont do the right thing ...

please note absolutely at no time at all have i or would i EVER wound an animal for a charge.... thats not my deal and shows a huge lack of respect for any animal.

i believe a brainshot is a very ethical way to take an elephant ( side or frontal) the animal does not suffer and furthermore from a PH perspective i know instantly if the elephant has been correctly hit and can encourage my clients next shot ( i prefer not to shoot but will do so if its getting away or about to flatten us). being very close allows for a much better opportunity at a second shot ...

as many of you know , the frontal brainshot is very hard to reproduce but in order to get away , the elephant HAS to present a side brain and heart lung shot as he turns...

anyway , we go into great detail on this style of hunting on our dvd...elephant hunting is one of the finest hunts in the world , we need to work hard to preserve the integrity of the hunt and the respect for the animal...and thats up to us all by the way we carry ourselves as hunters .

good hunting

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll certainly be ordering the video. That preview footage is pure dynamite, strongly suggest those who havn't watched it do so!! shocker

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I have never hunted with Ivan, I know people who have and I know a videographer that has filmed hunts with him several times. [This Videographer fillmed all 3 of my Safaris]

I also know Ivan, in fact I had planned on doing my first Safari with him, but because of some things that came up, he could not do my hunt, which I did with Wayne Edwards, also a great PH who was killed a few months after my Safari.

I can assure ya'll that every thing that I know about Ivan, is that he is a very good and ethical PH.

Also he is a PH that will get you close, if that is what you desire.

And I mean REAL CLOSE.
That is why I call him... CRAZY IVAN. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
i believe a brainshot is a very ethical way to take an elephant ( side or frontal) the animal does not suffer and furthermore from a PH perspective i know instantly if the elephant has been correctly hit and can encourage my clients next shot ( i prefer not to shoot but will do so if its getting away or about to flatten us). being very close allows for a much better opportunity at a second shot ... as many of you know , the frontal brainshot is very hard to reproduce but in order to get away , the elephant HAS to present a side brain and heart lung shot as he turns
thumb Good stuff Ivan...I am looking fwd to the DVD! Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
i believe a brainshot is a very ethical way to take an elephant ( side or frontal) the animal does not suffer and furthermore from a PH perspective i know instantly if the elephant has been correctly hit and can encourage my clients next shot ( i prefer not to shoot but will do so if its getting away or about to flatten us). being very close allows for a much better opportunity at a second shot ...

Hey, this is blatant plagiarism. Smiler

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
plagiarism

whatever that means Wink

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan, for the record the crack about inducing a charge and ethics was tongue in cheek, should've used an emoticon. It was a knock on an existing perception of a famous PH who produces alot of charge vids. Wink

The buzz about your vid hit here quick, faster than your announcement I think, and after viewing the clip I ordered it immediately.

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
showbart,
appreciate your support Wink thank-you you bring up a good point though and its an important point to address, ethics is always a discusion here and everywhere!
thanks again for your interest
ivan

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
I've been following the progress of this project with a lot of interest. Paired with Buzz's videos, there will be a tremendous amount of info.

Bit of trivia...Ivan is nephew to Richard Harland (who also contributed to this project).

Now there's an impeccable blood line. No wonder he knows his way around ele, he no doubt learnt from the master. thumb

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote