Find
Notify
Tools

which lion is the oldest?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Troy Hibbitts
posted
just read the Sports Afield article about aging lions. One of the header photos for the "hunting forums" here has 3 seemingly mature male lions and it got me thinking . . .

Anyway, which of these lions looks oldest (and therefore the "best trophy") to you? Obviously, you can't see all body angles from this photo, but was just wondering what folks here thought.

http://thehibbitts.net/
Brackettville, TX

Posts: 282 | Location: Brackettville, TX | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For three males of that age and quality to tolerate each other, I would have to say they are brothers. Therefore, same age.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what he said

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Ditto. The two on the left could be twins.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Not to point out the obvious, but if two are twins, then the other one must be either older or younger ... even if they are brothers. No?

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I think the one on the far right has to be the father of the other two. When I had my two boys I started out with a full head of hair as well...... Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
I think the one on the far right has to be the father of the other two. When I had my two boys I started out with a full head of hair as well...... Wink

Nah ! He can't judge the speed of Landrovers and tends to end up underneath them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:
quote:

Not to point out the obvious, but if two are twins, then the other one must be either older or younger ... even if they are brothers. No?

Not necessarily. The two could be identical twins with the other being a fraternal twin, all born at the same time.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scojac:
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:
quote:

Not necessarily. The two could be identical twins with the other being a fraternal twin, all born at the same time.

That would make them triplets, not twins! Somebody check my cyphering on that one would ya? shocker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one on the left.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
You chaps know your Lions. As a PH this would have been my call.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote