Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas Safari Club Convention
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Heading to Dallas tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing my AR friends again and more to meet and make some new ones.

Will be at Pierre van Tonder's booth 956 stop to say hello.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Look forward to catching up with you Mike. Travel safely.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
See you there Mike. Travel safe.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm heading out Friday with my son and my father.

We can't wait.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
I'm staying home ---Whimper!
u guys behave yourself!
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'll be looking out for you.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Terry and I will see you friday!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
see you there Mike.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
See ya there Mike an Cherie!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Will be driving in Wednesday night. See you all on Thursday.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look forward to seeing you Mike. I will be there Fri. and Sat.

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are flying in Friday

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Catch up with you on Thursday, Mike.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I'll stop and say hi, and chat with Pierre as well. Look forward to it.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Thursday afternoon till Sunday morning.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I'll be seeing all my friends saturday.

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Heading to Dallas tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing my AR friends again and more to meet and make some new ones.

Will be at Pierre van Tonder's booth 956 stop to say hello.

Mike

If you can't find the booth numbers, just look for this young couple. Sorry I can't be with you.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope to see those of you that I met last year and meet many more of you, I will come by the "AR room" as time allows (my wife and I are convention co-chairs so we might be a bit busy), if there is anything we can do for you, just ask one of the convention volunteers for Karl over Rebecca and we will try and help you out. We sincerely hope you all have a great time at our convention.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Wish I could be there and maybe meet some other AR members. But as has been the case over the past 3 years or so, i will be guiding hunter this weekend and between going to dallas and guiding hunters, I will take guiding hunters anyday.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will be coming in Friday night and spending Saturday and Sunday at the show. Where is the AR room and how do I find it? Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Sooo...how'd you get a picture of Mike without the ivory in the frame? rotflmo

See ya'll on Friday.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Will be coming in Friday night and spending Saturday and Sunday at the show. Where is the AR room and how do I find it? Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Yes, where is the AR room at the Convention Center?

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are 4 or 5 conference rooms on the right side wall at the end of the hall before it turns and opens up to the main convention hall where the DSC Show is held. It was in one of those last year, i imagine more of the same in 2012.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing my friends. Wink we will miss you and sure hope you can visit us again. The Omni is open and if you park near it or are dropped off at the front door. Walk to the escalator and goto the second floor across the walkway and you are right at the convention entrance. The AR room is to the left as you face the exhibit hall or facing the Omni hotel to the right.

Was talking with Mike 70465 and wife Katherine and Martin Pieters, Mr Champlin Arms,
Craig Bottington,a bunch of PH's from Namibia, Walter Enslin and our favorite Karl S. who guided CCdoc to his big bull ele.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mike. I'm staying at the Omni so I think I'll be able to find it. Hope to see you there.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Still trying to find Baily Bradshaws booth. Walked the 2500 isle several times today. old

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Room is C2 you have to look for it.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Pulling out of the drive in thirty minutes... see y'all there!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
take a camera and ALOT of photos

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Was talking with Mike 70465 and wife Katherine and Martin Pieters, Mr Champlin Arms,
Craig Bottington,a bunch of PH's from Namibia, Walter Enslin and our favorite Karl S. who guided CCMDoc to his big bull ele.

Mike

Mike and others ...

Don't believe a single word Karl S. says about me! Wink

I am very sorry I couldn't make it - did my best to do so but it wasn't in the cards this year. Have a great time and post a lot of photos. I am with you in spirit and I wold like to thank all of you - and I do mean all of you for helping me and my father to fulfill our dreams.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike and Gang,

We are all still patiently waiting for more pictures...perhaps everyone is too busy buying and booking???? Or is this year a situation where "What Happens at DSC STAYS at DSC"??? Wink

Hope eveyone is having fun, wish I were there.

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it! We'll see you all next month at SCI in balmy Las Vegas! Big Grin Give my best to Cherie, Mike.

One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Great to see you at our booth Mike!

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dan. Spoke to the president of DSC and had a very pleasant chat. He thanked me and all of the AR community for their support of the DSC. Wishes all of you the best.

Today was very busy. Met an AR member whose Grandfather was one of the Rough Riders charging up San Juan hill.
Todays evening get together was very nice. Many people there a relaxed and enjjoyable evening.
Thank you all,

Mike

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Fellas the convention is over till next year. I had a very nice time as usual. I go mwith the flow and don't let anything bother me. I enjoy meeting AR memders and seeing old friends.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As always, it was such a great treat to see Mike, Cherie, Pierre, Mac, NE450#2, Hog Killer, Chris Sells, and all the good people in the Heym booth.
Had a great visit with Bailey Bradshaw and with Tip Burns over in the Mauser booth. Chatted with Doug Turnbull a few minutes as well.

On my way out I saw the AR hospitality room. Almost didn't go in, but felt I need to see who was there. Way back in the room on a conference call was Tim (Antlers). We just spoke briefly, but always good to see old friends and make new ones along the way!

Thank you all!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to meet several people I've only spoken with through AR. It was nice to put faces to names as although I've been going to the DSC shows for years, I'm a recent participant on AR.

I had plans to meet several others that for one reason or another, never happened, mostly due to the time getting away from me.

I look forward to meeting more of the AR community next year.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Good to see you again Mike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
ok, when does the "what did you buy" thread start? thanks again Mike for the taxi ride and please give my best to your lovely wife!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed meeting so many of you at the gathering last night and during the DSC Expo. Expect now to hear more from "he who never posts" who has now been bitten by the "go to" bug....

George Cabaniss
High Caliber Radio.net
Van Buren, Arkansas

Posts: 4 | Location: Van Buren, AR | Registered: 12 July 2011Reply With Quote