New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doma Area Zim
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A booking agent at the gun show in WA state had an end of the season special on buff in the Doma area in Zim from now until the end of the season. Is this a good area for buff and sable?
Any info would be appreciated.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the rains have started in zim - very hot & wet weather doesn't make for good hunting

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doma safari area? the conservancy or the occupied farms to the north and east?

Ie who is the operator????????

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana, I believe Swansons

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Have seen some outstanding sable and nice Buffalo but I was hunting Elephant right up against the Safari Area. I didn't realize there were Hills/mountains like that in Zimbabwe and moreover that Elephant would be in them. I still don't believe some of the places we found tracks. Absolutely beautiful country.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Donato,

I believe Swainson's hunts a ranch they call Doma (I don't believe it is the Doma Safari Area). I know they take a few of their clients there specifically for sable. Don't know if they have buffalo there, or if you would hunt buffalo in Dande North. From what little I know, the sable seem to be relatively plentiful there, the trophy average seems to about 36"-40". This is just from talking to the PH while hunting Dande North this past season. I haven't hunted the Doma area.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Doma safari area? the conservancy or the occupied farms to the north and east?

Ie who is the operator????????
Doesn't Gordon Duncan work that area part of the time?

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Gordon at the Doma area and will be returning next May. He has taken over the Doma Lodge. I would suggest that you contact Gordon and find out just who has what and where

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gordon Duncan hunts in the South and Swainsons/Chifuti/Ben Kotse have an area to the north east. Those are legitimate operations. Doma Safari Area is run by Alex Kirkman - mopani safari's - mostly danish clients I gather.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote