Find
Notify
Tools

Camp Hand
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted
I'm going through a career change and was interested in helping with an African Hunting camp. I'm a full time gunsmith, former US Marine(with combat experience), and former Navy Corpsman with combat experience. I have a passport and can travel at a moments notice. 

Not looking for money, but I'm looking to help with a camp and it's daily life. I've become increasingly tired of the states and am looking for an out.

If you can't help, but know of a camp or outfit that could use a hand, please let me know

I know with the travel restrictions it'll be tough, Africa is my request, but In reality anything outside of the US is ideal. I just need lodging and food.

Adam

Ammo, you always need more.

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your quest but timing sucks......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ab_bentley:
I'm going through a career change and was interested in helping with an African Hunting camp. I'm a full time gunsmith, former US Marine(with combat experience), and former Navy Corpsman with combat experience. I have a passport and can travel at a moments notice. 

Not looking for money, but I'm looking to help with a camp and it's daily life. I've become increasingly tired of the states and am looking for an out.

If you can't help, but know of a camp or outfit that could use a hand, please let me know

I know with the travel restrictions it'll be tough, Africa is my request, but In reality anything outside of the US is ideal. I just need lodging and food.

Adam

I can give you three months a year if that helps?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam, first off, thank you for your service to this country.

Besides the challenges with the pandemic, one issue you will need to address is a work permit if you plan on staying longer than 3 months in most African countries. This process can take longer than three months so best to plan far ahead before you accept a job.

Once we can get a little further down the road with reopening Africa, there could be several opportunities for someone with your credentials.

When things start to open back up, you should reach back out to this forum as there are a lot of operators who post here.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam, Good for you. I am an old guy who has been through a few career changes and I can say "Never holler whoa in a tight spot." Good things can and usually do, come of it. Things usually happen for a reason, don't they.

All the best,
Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote