Find
Notify
Tools

Is this possible?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'day,

I'm a 55yo cripple who can walk only a couple of kilometers on a good day. I have made three trips to Africa, one since my accident. I'm not trophy oriented (been there, done that, paid the taxidermists bills).

What I would like to do is spend two to six weeks hanging around in Africa, getting into the bush each day, shooting the occasional animal, taking photos etc. I am happy to go out much of the time without a ph and don't mind if others are hunting the area some of the time.

I would like to hand gun hunt or use an open sighted small bore double.

Outfitters, ph's etc welcome to contact me directly via yahoo.com.au username cowhorn474.

The convoluted presentation of my email address is to avoid trawling bots.

Thanks and kind regards,

mike

I'd

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,
If I remember correctly you are a doctor or similar? This might a bonus if spending time in a camp.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Everything is doable, It Just depends on how much you want to do it.

Good luck finding what you are after, although going out without a PH can land you with some issues. We've been in negotiations for nearly 2 years to examine a possible change to this situation in RSA and it is to no avail. Sadly if you hold a gun then you need a PH.

Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
Mike,

Everything is doable, It Just depends on how much you want to do it.

Good luck finding what you are after, although going out without a PH can land you with some issues. We've been in negotiations for nearly 2 years to examine a possible change to this situation in RSA and it is to no avail. Sadly if you hold a gun then you need a PH.

Kiri

Not really. If you are on private land like my new Kafue area then I dictate the rules. Regarding guns you would simply need an import permit in order to hold them.

Contact me Mike.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Mike,
It is very possible.
I spent 2 months in Zimbabwe in 2010 and a couple more months in RSA.
Especially during my days in Zim I was alone 90% of the time. No PH, no clients, just me and a couple of trackers.
In RSA I was on a private game ranch and there was no one there with me except the 8 or so game scouts, but we weren't really ever together.
I went where I wanted, when I wanted, however I wanted for nearly the entire time I was there in Africa.
I encountered buff, elephant, uncountable species of plainsgame, crocs, hippos, snakes, spiders, poachers, villagers, dysentary (sp?), a honeybadger, you name it. I had no one to "back me up" or watch over me and I was fine. Actually, it was the most alive I ever felt.
I should have my butt kicked for not taking Fairgame up on the offer he made to me to come to Zambia and "work" for him in the Kafue. Not going is always going to be one of the greatest regrets of my life.
DO IT!
Cheers,
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote