Notify
Tools

Nyala & Bushbuck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted
Never to early to start!! Going to SCI come February....then come April to
Bots for Elephant. BUT....my youngest daughter wants to plan a hunt for two things in the future.....Nyala & Bushbuck. Now, I know a lot of guys ---- but on the whole, these two aminals do not seem to be in great abundance in the same area. I would like to hunt the same place with her for both. We will need 1 Nyala and 3 Bushbuck. Any suggestions??? I AM NOT very favorable to that thick stuff in the East Cape. But will take any suggestions. Thanks.

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Moz or the Savé in Zimbabwe or Malapati my best advice.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zululand, the very best Nyala and some good Bushbuck. See Mark DeWet who posts here. He got me a 29 1/2" Nyala and a 16" Limpopo Bushbuck. To top it off much less expensive than Moz or Zim. With that said and with all due respect you just can't order up 3 Bushbuck.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've got an outfitter in Zululand who takes some wicked good nyala and bushbuck. Drop me a line for his contact info.

~Ann

Posts: 19548 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot a 30" Nyala and a 16" bushbuck with Coenraad Vermaak Safaris near Hilton, SA a few years back. Lots of both present.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the Eastern Cape
http://www.huntershillsafaris.co.za/
I have killed both RW quality Nyala and Bushbuck with them

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
+1 to what Ann says. I am going back for more in 2012.

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1224 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Die Ou Jagter: I KNOW you cannot just 'order up' 3 bushbuck for Gawd's sake! Thats why I'm starting now.
Thanks for the pm's also gentlemen. I've got some good leads.
Mark......I will see you at your booth in Vegas.

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
bcolyer,

I hope that one of the PM's was from 500nitro? He is one who can really offer the type of hunting that you wish for. See him here: John Harris' Home Page

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I was in the market for a hunt like that , I'd look at Mokore's operation in Coutada 9 in Moz. They certainly have the nyala part covered and I'd bet the bushbuck would be fine too. Big, wild country and a first rate operation.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Zululand and Moz are where you need to be looking.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
I have a guy in the Limpopo Province that has good Nyala and great Bushbuck.

Contact me if you are interested.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
bcolyer,

I hope that one of the PM's was from 500nitro? He is one who can really offer the type of hunting that you wish for. See him here: John Harris' Home Page

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

2nd

Best wishes to you on your hunt.

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote