Find
Notify
Tools

Courtney Boot Sizing
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
For those who own Courtney boots, do they fit closer to running shoe size or dress shoe size?

I wear a size 12 running shoe, but a size 11 dress shoe. Not sure which way I should lean for sizing.

Also, which model boot from Courtney are your guys’s favorites? I used running shoes last time in Mozambique, but a recent weekend hike showed me there might be some benefit to a little ankle support. Thinking something along the lines of the “tracker,” “warrior” or “safari” models.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same as my dress shoe size but UK sizing. As a South African that's standard for me but I think you would drop one size from US. They have a nice wide toe box so unless you have super wide feet that should be no issue. I have three pairs all the same size so quite consistent in my experience. I guess YMMV... you need to try a pair. Even friends shoes would help. As I recall there are instructions on how to trace your foot amd send the details on the site. I would mail them... but if I were a betting man I guess I'd say a 10....

Mine are all Safaris.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted Hide Post
I wear a size 12 (US size) and have two pair. Both are size 13 (US size) and are none to big.

Posts: 254 | Location: Maine, USA | Registered: 02 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Jim at African Sporting Creations. He is THE expert on Courteney and their sizing.
My personal favorite is the Selous.

Posts: 43 | Location: On the road somewhere | Registered: 17 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I typically wear a 12 US and have a slightly wider foot. African Sporting sent me 11.5's and they fit me perfectly, particularly with their sole inserts. I went with the Safari's and enjoy them quite a bit. Actually, I'm contemplating ordering a pair of the Bushvelds to wear with khaki's to work.

Posts: 1447 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I wear 11 US and my bushvelds are 10.5. Fit great.

*Size 11 for all my other shoes.

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
For the folks responding, if you could clarify if your tennis shoes vs dress shoes are the same size it would be helpful, thanks.

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I wear 10.5 dress shoes and 11 in running shoes and hiking boots.

My Courteney Safari and Selous boots are size 10.

Call or email Jim. He'll set you up.

https://africansportingcreatio...ategory_Code=SACL100

Safe travels..........L

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Left a message for Jim. Looking at all my shoes in the house continued to perplex me on sizing.