Find
Notify
Tools

Statement from CIC
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
31 July 2015

The International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC), a global organisation promoting the sustainable use and conservation of wildlife resources, is deeply concerned about the storm of misinformation of the public, which has been prompted by the illegal killing of a celebrity lion in Zimbabwe.

The ethical, sustainable hunting of wildlife (including trophy hunting) is recognised as an integral part of wildlife conservation policies and strategies[i]. The illegal taking of game is classified as poaching, a crime, condemned and fought against by enforcement agencies and the hunting community alike.

Cecil1The CIC supports and commends the Zimbabwe authorities and Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides’ Association for the swift actions in relation to the poaching of Cecil. Parties found guilty should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Vision of the CIC: A world that values and supports sustainable hunting for the benefit of people and nature.

Mission of the CIC: To promote – across the globe – sustainable hunting to conserve wildlife and wild lands, support communities and preserve our hunting heritage.

Further inquiries can be directed to: CIC Headquarters.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
31 July 2015

The International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC), a global organisation promoting the sustainable use and conservation of wildlife resources, is deeply concerned about the storm of misinformation of the public, which has been prompted by the illegal killing of a celebrity lion in Zimbabwe.

The ethical, sustainable hunting of wildlife (including trophy hunting) is recognised as an integral part of wildlife conservation policies and strategies[i]. The illegal taking of game is classified as poaching, a crime, condemned and fought against by enforcement agencies and the hunting community alike. Cecil1The CIC supports and commends the Zimbabwe authorities and Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides’ Association for the swift actions in relation to the poaching of Cecil. Parties found guilty should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Vision of the CIC: A world that values and supports sustainable hunting for the benefit of people and nature.

Mission of the CIC: To promote – across the globe – sustainable hunting to conserve wildlife and wild lands, support communities and preserve our hunting heritage.

Further inquiries can be directed to: CIC Headquarters.

In my opinion, THIS is the proper way to respond to this incident. Focusing on the fact that the "Cecil" lion hunt was illegal and an action of POACHING, pure and simple. Focus on the fact that hunters at large, will not tolerate breaking of game laws and will be the first in line to call for prosecution if enough evidence of a violation is presented and will further call for the maximum punishment if a conviction is obtained.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree fully!!

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 Well said

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The proper way to respond to this incident, in my view, is to recognize that the fight is a much broader fight than one over Palmer and this incident . . . it is a fight over hunting and trophy hunting in particular. How about responding with some information/facts on the positive impacts hunting has on conservation, habitat preservation, support of local indigenous communities, anti-poaching efforts, etc. The longer we focus on this incident the more ground we lose as anti-hunting groups use this incident to extrapolate to all hunting and hunters. My $0.02.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
The proper way to respond to this incident, in my view, is to recognize that the fight is a much broader fight than one over Palmer and this incident . . . it is a fight over hunting and trophy hunting in particular. How about responding with some information/facts on the positive impacts hunting has on conservation, habitat preservation, support of local indigenous communities, anti-poaching efforts, etc. The longer we focus on this incident the more ground we lose as anti-hunting groups use this incident to extrapolate to all hunting and hunters. My $0.02.

.................................................................. tu2 patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
The CIC has convicted Dr. Palmer and others without a trial.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great article

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Common sense (and the truth) prevails. All that remains is to allow justice to follow its course.