THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling All Cabela's Stores Shoppers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling All Cabela's Stores Shoppers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
Next time you go to a Cabelas store(s), try to remember if you see a buff shoulder mount with the right tip broomed off a bit.

I sold my boy's 42" buff to Cabelas and I want it back. The taxidermy buyer at Cabelas doesn't know what store it's at so please look the next time you're at a store.

Thanks

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Will, is he wearing one of your shirts?

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Ah, the good old days when we wore cutoff Filson poplin shirts. Smiler Smiler

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take a look at Cabelas in Richfield WI...I'll be there soon I'd imagine.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
I will check the Boise store on June second.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Will,

Run out of leather?

Just kidding and that is an awesome buffalo.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will: there is a buff looking like that in the Hamburg, Pa. store. I did not lay a tape on it but eyeballing it looks like 41-42" right tip broomed. Doc

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take a peek at the CT store this coming weekend. Sounds like a more than adequate excuse to go to Cabelas!

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Will: there is a buff looking like that in the Hamburg, Pa. store. I did not lay a tape on it but eyeballing it looks like 41-42" right tip broomed. Doc

"Woodrow S" said it's not in the Hamburg store! I'm going with you. Could you text me a pic?

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Will,

Run out of leather?

Just kidding and that is an awesome buffalo.

Quality right there. Smiler

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3536 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
I'll take a look at the Greenville, SC store, but I recall them both being much smaller.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll check Phoenix this next week.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not in the store north of Denver. I'll check the store south of Denver some time in the next couple of weeks.

It will be interesting to see if Cabela's will sell it back to you (and what price) if you locate it.

The problem with locating a trophy in Cabelas is that they have a warehouse full of trophies (per the guy who used to be the business manager of Jonas Bros Taxidermy of Denver), that are waiting on new stores to be opened.

I would assume there would be someone in Cabelas who keeps track of all the trophies and their location. The trick would be to identify that person (never accept a no answer from someone who doesn't have the authority to say yes).

Good luck!

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
The guy at Cabelas is Jeff Montgomery. The problem is that in 2007 they weren't keeping track of where the mounts were going to wind up. Supposedly I can buy it back. If I can find it.

Thanks for looking.

One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
Hi Will, I' m just Reading the Story of your son's buff in Nyati- the Art of Hunting the african Buffalo. Brain Shot. Hope you will have a successful hunt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not in Phoenix.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I'll ( or I'll have my friend) check the Lacey and Tulalip stores.

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
not in Rapid City

Good luck, Will

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I'll look in Buda and Ft Worth when I'm through...

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
There are a half dozen in the Hazelwood MO store

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the buff mount was sold prior to 2007, why don't you concentrate on the Cabela stores that were open during that time frame?

Might weed out a bunch of the newer stores.

(Although the chance it went to a warehouse for future use is still an option.)

BH63

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Why would you sell your boys buffalo? Confused I remember reading the article years ago.

Good hunting

Carl frederik

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Frederick, good point
Dumb idea selling your memories unless brain dead or IRS on your ass

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in the Fort Worth Cabela's regularly, and have looked pretty closely at all the buff mounts, and I dont think there is anything quite that nice there.

Will defintely check next time I am there and take a pic if anything looks close!

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Not in Anchorage. Only NA mounts.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will in the Portland, Oregon Cabela's on Friday---I'll check it out

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will: I don't know if anyone has reported on the Allen, Tx store, but I snapped cell phone pix of the buffalo mounts, if you want them PM me a cell number or email. Also, have you checked with Frank Zitz Taxidermy in Rhinebeck, NY? He has in the past designed and put together the taxidermy packages for many of the Cabela's stores...many before 2007. Might be worth a phone call.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will, it is not in Oklahoma City.

All the best on your search.

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to checking out the Denver store on the south end (Lonetree). Not there.

They did have two interesting buff mounts though. Both looked to be in the high 40s. One might have gone 50", although it's boss looked like it had been "enhanced" by the taxidermist. Still two mighty fine buff heads IMO.

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will
Looked at Cabelas in Mitchell,
SD, Not there.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote