Find
Notify
Tools

More Lions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
Guys, I just saw a post on Face Book from an outfitter / PH named Johan Du Preez stating that "Looks like lion imports into the US will no longer be allowed from 2014 on. A sad day".

I don't know this guy at all but his statement caught my attention. Has something happened on the uplisting issue or is this simply a false advertising ploy the guy is using to drum up business?

Through FB, I questioned him on this matter but as of yet, have not received a response. I suspect it is the latter!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Nothing has happened yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That's right. Nothing has happened yet. I was told to look to sometime in October for a ruling from the USFWS on the issue. I have a lion hunt currently scheduled next June in the Bubye, but will hunt Buffalo as the alternative if things with the USFWS don't go as hoped. Big Grin