THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: 9.3x62 legal for Buff in which countries?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 9.3x62 legal for Buff in which countries?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted
I asked a very similar question when I was looking into a plains game/buffalo/moose/bear gun. The only definite place that I heard it was illegal was Tanzania and parts of South Africa (but who would want to hunt buff in RSA due to the high $$$). I ended up getting a .375 H&H Model 70 mainly because I wanted stainless. However, the gun is a little heavy, so if I wasn't worried about stainless my second choice was going to be a CZ in 9.3x62. That model has cross bolts and if you add a premium recoil pad it should work perfectly for your wife. I'm still considering the CZ because I've heard just some many good things about the 9.3x62.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Alf,

The first duty of the game scouts is to make sure the hunters do not break any rules, but they can be quite handy, especially if they want a tip!

The one I mentioned before helped, along with the PH, to scare off an elephant cow, by shooting several times over her head, that was charging out of my sight while I was busy whacking another. It was the only time that the "PH saved me." I truly believe that if I had been alone, it would have been the end.

And a couple days later, the game scout prevented the PH and I from walking onto the tails of two sleeping lions. I did not begrudge him a big tip!

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote from Will:

"At some point bullet energy means something, if only anyone knew what it is."

In 40+ years of shooting, that is the funniest and most profound statement I have ever seen!

Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 153 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 07 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Redlander,

Though I really don't have much use for it, I bought a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 and really love it. It came with an action/bolt that had a few rough spots but I finally got most of it smoothed up. The round is a pussy cat compared to my .416 for obvious reasons.

I put NECG open sights on it and had the local gun shop adjust the trigger (I couldn't figure it out!). The stock fits me to a tee (it has a decelerator on it from the factory). It is one of those rifles that has the open sights already lined up when brought up to the shoulder.

Against my better judgment, I'm going to try it on a cow next month. I hope that it as big and nasty as some claim.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone KNOW (not guess or figure one could get away with it) which countries allow the use of the 9.3x62 for buffalo?

Posts: 1524 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post deleted by BFaucett

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote