Find
Notify
Tools

Girl toys with group of Cheetahs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted
This bothers me as terribly wrong. Why don't the cheetahs attack her? Is there something else going on out of frame?

Girl raised as bushman

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
These are obviously domesticated or semi domesticated cheetahs in some sort of a preserve. See the way they respond when she dropped her shoe? They thought it was feeding time. I suppose I could have pulled a similar stunt with our friends' cheetahs in Namibia.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The start of the video reminded me of
the Lion called Christian.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe our African friends can set this straight, but those have got to be somewhat tame cheetahs in an enclosure, otherwise why would so many be grouped together?
I think cheetahs are more of a solitary or very small family group dwellers.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What language was begin spoken during the lion scene?

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they'll post the video of when those cats have finally had enough.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Girl raised as bushman

Opening scene of the video features a real native (bushman/San) woman, who has been well fed lately:
This is a good example of an adaptive genetic trait,
the medical term for which is "steatopygia" (fat deposits in buttocks genetically programmed for survival in feast-or-famine environments):
stee-at-oh-pidge'-ee-uh
Lay terminology for this condition is: "Baby got back!"

Butt, the blond woman suffers from excessive fat storage between the ears.
The medical term for that is "assinine-o-crania" also called "craniorectal inversion."
Lay terminology for this condition includes "attention-seeking behavior" and "sh#t for brains."

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Butt, the blond woman suffers from excessive fat storage between the ears. The medical term for that is "assinine-o-crania" also called "craniorectal inversion." Lay terminology for this condition includes "attention-seeking behavior" and "sh#t for brains."

dancing

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My daughter plays with our cheetahs all the time.

When the cheetahs were small, she used to come back from school with her friends and spend most of the afternoon playing with them.

We had to drag them out of there as both the girls and the cheetahs don't want to part!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 to that!

quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Girl raised as bushman

Opening scene of the video features a real native (bushman/San) woman, who has been well fed lately:
the medical term for which is "steatopygia" (fat deposits in buttocks genetically programmed for survival in feast-or-famine environments):
stee-at-oh-pidge'-ee-uh

The medical term for that is "assinine-o-crania" also called "craniorectal inversion."
Lay terminology for this condition includes "attention-seeking behavior" and "sh#t for brains."

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
Maybe our African friends can set this straight, but those have got to be somewhat tame cheetahs in an enclosure, otherwise why would so many be grouped together?
I think cheetahs are more of a solitary or very small family group dwellers.

Of course they are in an enclosure and semi-tame or you would never get this close to them. That said, a coalition of five cheetah is not unheard of.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Girl raised as bushman

stee-at-oh-pidge'-ee-uh

rotflmo yuck and right on the mark!

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Very cool!!! I'm not sure who I enjoyed watching more the cheetahs or the blond. She definitely knows what she is doing.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
First off, cheetahs as a rule do like to tangle with anyone or anything fight wise unless it is prey. This is natural and is to avoid any injury which in their natural state could prevent them from hunting and therefore starving.
It is obviously a breeding establishment.
Anyway, have a look at this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8QgXdoLCMM
tu2 Cool my pleasure.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scriptus

Great video.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
The blond women is Marlice van Vuuren. She has been working with injured and orphaned animals for years, and is best known for her work with cheetahs in Namibia. She currently runs the N/áan ku sê Wildlife Sanctuary, Namibia with her husband Rudie.

I think it is over 10 years since I saw her for the first time on Animal Planet. Worth seeing .....

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Loved that Youtube Doug. Thanks!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
Awesome example of fight, fright, flight response in animals. Also very interesting to see the different reaction and behavior of the individual cats.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote