New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruhudji, Tanzania
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering if anybody on the AR forums has hunted Ruhudji with Harpreet Brar / Adam Clements. I am guessing that Ruhudji is in the Selous but is on higher than usual ground. They seem to be taking very nicely maned lions and a few huge buff, they are certainly proud of the area in terms of their pricing. Any feedback?

Posts: 435 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was not getting any feedback on Ruhudji; so I went to the source. Harpreet tells me that Ruhudji is in the Kilombero Valley, not the Selous. All of the lions there are supposed to be well maned. The area supports good trophy quality buffalo and plains game as well. DO any of the AR members have experience in Kilombero and how does it compare to Kigosi? Thanks. hugh

Posts: 435 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Hugh - There is one report filed with The Hunting Report, PH Harprett Brav and company Rungwa Game Safaris Ltd. The guy hunted Ruhudji (27.25" lion, 16.4"leopard, buffalo, sable, eland - impressive...) and the Selous in Sept 2003. The report is #3627, and I think you can order just this one report from http://www.huntingreport.com if you are not a member.

From the forum, I would think Bwanamich might be able to provide some valuable input.

In any event, I would ask for all the hunters who hunted there 2004 for at least the time period you were thinking of going, and contact each one.

Good luck and good hunting!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted those areas in several years but I have hunted next to them in the last few years....both are very good concession, the Kigosi is just below the Mayowashi and is swampy, and has some terrific bulls on the islands...You can't go wrong with either.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Hugh,

Miombo Safaris hunts Kilombero North, so their website may give you an idea of that area.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Hugh, e-mail me this week and will give you a couple of references of mine of have hunted the Ruhudji with us last year for you to talk to if you are interested.

The Ruhudji block does not look like or anything like the Kilombero areas! It is farthur South and is totally different type area than the Kilombero swamps. The Ruhudji area is bordered by the the Ruhudji River and the Pitu River.

This area had never been hunted by an outfitter or had it been allocated before 2003. So, do not expect anyone else other than our clients who have actually been there to be able to tell you what it is like there.

I guided a hunt last October in Ruhudji and had a great hunt taken big leopard, big buffalo etc. We were not lion hunting, but took everything else. I will be there again this year with a couple of clients of well.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote