Tools

Cheetah attack
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted
Maybe the cat though he looked a bit like a mate, hair cut Smiler

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/a...etah-in-south-africa

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They eat Kiwis in South Africa?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does that really qualify as an "attack"???

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have had cheetahs for many years, and I have noticed that they do not like certain people!

They can be as docile as any pet with many people. And they will take a deslike to a certain individual.
We have not been able to determine what their. Criteria is.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68613 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walter...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
The outfitter I use to hunt with in the 90's in Zimbabwe had 2 tame cheetahs. As far as I remember they only twice attacked anyone , or showed distinct aggression. Both times the individual( males ) in question was gay or at least very feminine..

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We have had cheetahs for many years, and I have noticed that they do not like certain people!

They can be as docile as any pet with many people. And they will take a deslike to a certain individual.

Same with my working dogs Saeed. I had a dog that hated women and my last one hated kids. My first dog took a dislike to one particular fella on base. A few weeks later we found out he was looking through the windows of the females on base. The dog knew he was a creep.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had a chocolate lab like that. One of the people she intensely disliked was my brother. Big Grin I suspect she was right!

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
My heelers never liked men
Go figure

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have had cheetahs for many years, and I have noticed that they do not like certain people!They can be as docile as any pet with many people. And they will take a deslike to a certain individual. We have not been able to determine what their. Criteria is.

I had limited experience working with Cheetahs at the Fort Worth Zoo, but I have worked with and around various species over the years, not just pet dogs and cats, but horses/cattle and various other mammals and birds, and with 60 years of experience both animals and birds for some reason simply do not like some people.

Two instances I can relate concerned a horse and a House Cat.

The man I work for owned the horse, and it is a really good horse around most people, but he hated the local vet, to the point that even under a heavy dose of tranquilizer, he would still fight at that one person.

In the second, Lora and I had a smallish Maltese female cat, that was really sweet and loved Everyone, except 8 to 12 year old boys. Half a dozen people in a room, and she would pick out boys in that age range and attack them.

Having worked at a Public Zoo for 25 years, I have seen animals of various species, that just could pick a specific member of the Public or a Keeper pout of a crowd and go after them.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gingers

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We once had a cocker spaniel that seemed to like everybody. Then my wifes brother came over one night & I thought she was going to eat him up. He ask what was wrong with that dog & I told him that she was just a good judge of character.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That picture looks like a different kid compared to the photo from the first article.

Frank

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:

Gingers

That's because they have no souls. Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, we had workers digging a trench for a swimming pool we were building.

I noticed one of our male cheetahs breathing hard and seemed tired. But he also looked upset.

I went and started to stroke him, which he loves, and just lent against me, lay down and started purring.

I mentioned this to one of the boys who feeds them, about him being tired.

He said some of the workers at the pool apparently come ove and annoy the cheetahs from outside the fence.

Next day I was in my office, and sure enough, one of the workers comes over and starts teezing him.

I could see Norty was getting really worked up.

I went out and called the worker to come over.

I was standing by the cheetah cage door.

He came over, I open the door, and pushed him, and closed it behind me.

He started screaming, and fell down, totally scared out of his wits.

I thought Norty would just come a growl at him.

But, by the looks of it, Norty was bent on killing him! From the way he was coming.

I tho8ght better of it, and grabbed hold of Norty - he had a collar around his neck! And shouted at the man to get out.

I have no doubt in my mind that Norty would have caused that man a lot of damage!

Needless to say, the man refused to come and work there again.

On occasions I have seen two of our cheetahs have a serious fight. And I have always gone in and separated them.

They have never turned on me.

But I am talking of animals we have raised, and they never show any sign of aggression towards us.

My daughter brings her friends from school, and they all enjoy spending time with them.

One of her tricks is her friends lay down on their backs, next to each other. She has a stick with a string attached at the end that is about a meter long, on that end their is a dog toy.

She has taught the cheetahs to chase that toy, and she guides it over her friends.

The cheetahs runs over them, and the girls absolutely love it.

They got to the stage where they get the sheaths to actually press on their phones screens to take a selfie.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68613 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
That picture looks like a different kid compared to the photo from the first article.

The first photo is a family one taken in 2014, the boy is now 14 years old so has changed a bit and does have a different haircut Smiler

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I had a dog that liked everyone until it growled at snapped at a little girl that was visiting with her family. The mother remarked that my dog was a good judge of character.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think animals are a better judge of character than we are. I had a chocolate lab that loved everyone. He attacked two people. One was a creep that I later found out had hit on my wife and the other was a former girlfriend of my son, who turned out to be a drug addict. Very out of character for him, but he got it right both times.

Posts: 10307 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pay attention to the animals! They are always right about a persons character.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Bill Murray once said:

"I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn’t like a person."

He may not be far from the mark. Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote